Haircut...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haircut...

Has anyone else had to go through the endless rigmarole of telling your hairdresser over and over again "Yes, I bloody-well AM sitting straight even though my shoulders aren't even, and it's because I have a back problem"?!
    10 years of it has worn me out
    Billy
    32 year old male from UK
    Fused at 25yrs
    62 degree thoratic curve
    45 degree lumbar curve
    Fused T3-L1 on 3rd Jan 2012

no...i have a 42T curve and 61L, and very bad discs...
    but no one sees it or can tell, unless i am having a "bad" day, or it is late in the day...then they can tell i am walking hunched over...otherwise, i fool most of the people most of the time...

jess

Comment

YES! That is until my lower curve evened out my shoulders over the past couple of years. I just always tell them NEVER use my shoulders as a guide. I also resort to cutting my own hair.
      Be happy!
      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
      but we are alive today!

Comment

Originally posted by BendyBill View Post
        Has anyone else had to go through the endless rigmarole of telling your hairdresser over and over again "Yes, I bloody-well AM sitting straight even though my shoulders aren't even, and it's because I have a back problem"?!
        Perhaps you should find someone new. ;-)
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by BendyBill View Post
          Oh Ya! Hair cuts, school portraits, Dr. apts when they were trying to get my hight. Yes, it gets very old and frustrating. While I have had my surgery and am straight now my head doesn't sit straight on the atlas. It looks like it fell of the top of my spine. So I still get that to a point. Just know your not alone lol!
          Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
          50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
          Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
          X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
          Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
          Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
          Nice and straight now!!!!!

Comment

Lol, I wouldn't have thought about that. I recently took my son for a haircut and the hairdresser never mentioned anything about his uneven shoulders but now I'm going to check the back of his head just to see if it is crooked, haha! I'm kinda wishing I got his hair cut even shorter b/c it's already grown and I wanted it extra super short before he has his halo applied so it will be easy to care for. It's still pretty short though compared to what it was.

I know when I get my hair cut I make sure to uncross my legs b/c that can make your posture uneven. I need a haircut bad! I'll have to get one in the next few days before I leave or I might just get one when I'm away. Knowing how I procrastinate about certain things like haircuts, I'm thinking it will be the latter.
            Son 14 y/o diagnosed January 20th. 2011 with 110* Curve
            Halo Traction & 1st. surgery on March 22nd. 2011
            Spinal Fusion on April 19th. 2011

Dr. Krajbich @ Shriners Childrens Hospital, Portland Oregon

http://tinyurl.com/Elias-Before
            http://tinyurl.com/Elias-After

Comment

Originally posted by guarninna
              The scope of pharmacy practice comprises a great deal more classic roles this sort of as compounding and dispensing drugs, and it also consists of a great deal more contemporary providers related to wellbeing care, such as medical companies, reviewing medications for security and efficacy, and supplying Online Pharmacy facts. Pharmacists, therefore, are the industry experts on drug treatment and are the main wellness industry experts who optimize medicine use to offer sufferers with advantageous health and fitness results.
              I can't help it: WTF????
              Cathy
              2 sons, one Syracuse University graduate (working for the Mets now), one college sophomore, one great husband and two fabulous cats
              54 years old March 5
              AIS 45 degrees Thoracic at 14, Milwaukee brace for one year in 1977 then in 2012 I found Dr. Baron Lonner ❤️
              Surgery April 8 2015
              Presurgical curves T77 L66
              Post surgical T27 L22
              Fused T3-S1 pelvic fixation, osteotomies and all the other stuff but you know what? It's done...

Comment

Originally posted by cathydrew View Post
                I can't help it: WTF????
                SPAM. Linda will take of it I'm sure.

Comment

[QUOTE=Elisa;118531], haha! I'm kinda wishing I got his hair cut even shorter b/c it's already grown and I wanted it extra super short before he has his halo applied so it will be easy to care for. It's still pretty short though compared to what it was.

I read through some of your blog and I cannot even imagine having one of my boys going through scoliosis surgery let alone traction. I think you are doing amazingly well and as far as that anxiety your feeling......any parent would. I wish Elias all the best and will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted as often as you can!
                  Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
                  50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
                  Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
                  X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
                  Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
                  Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
                  Nice and straight now!!!!!

Comment

Susan, I'll have a lot of time on my hands while we're away so I'm sure I'll give plenty of updates, probably more than y'all want but I'll be looking for ways to fill my days for about five weeks.

I am not freaked out at all about the surgeries or halo traction... I was totally freaked out and frantic with our medical system not doing a damn thing to help him. It's like watching your child drown but you can't save them b/c you can't reach them so you just watch. It's horrifying.

Comment

Elisa, I don't know how Elias wears his hair, but you could give him a buzz right before he goes into traction and it will be nice and grown out when he's done. It might help with the hygiene part. Just a suggestion. My boys buzz their hair every once in awhile. It's not my favorite cut, but for the occaision...
                      Be happy!
                      but we are alive today!

Comment

It's pretty short already but a part of me wants to totally zip it off but I think I'll leave it as is. Here's a pic I just took today while visiting my mother-in-law, it's with his cousin Crystal. I took about twenty pics but had my camera set on some weird setting so all of them turned out blurry unfortunately.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Awwww! You guys are so sweet! You look a lot like a very good friend of mine. Your son is a handsome young man, too. And you both look like you are in very good spirits. I like his haircut! I wish my boys would wear their hair like that. (smile)
                          Be happy!
                          but we are alive today!

Comment

Thanks. That's not me though, it's his cousin Crystal; she's 23. ;-D
                            Last edited by Elisa; 03-16-2011, 09:05 PM.

Comment

23, I hear you say?!
                              Billy
                              32 year old male from UK
                              Fused at 25yrs
                              62 degree thoratic curve
                              45 degree lumbar curve
                              Fused T3-L1 on 3rd Jan 2012

Comment

Working...