Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeah, both surgeries complete and 3rd week back to part time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, both surgeries complete and 3rd week back to part time!

Hi everyone! I tried multiple times to log on but failed. I had my 1st surgery in November. I had some complications so what should have been an 8 hour surgery turned into 14 hrs. Then the antibiotics they put me on didn't work well with my body and ended up back in the hospital 2 weeks later because I lost 2 pints of blood. Had my anterior surgery at the end of January and all went well with that one! I am glad I had this done because it turned out I was missing about 4" of bone in my lower back that never showed up on any x-rays or scans, which is why my posterior took so long. They also said that they believe that's why I was in so much pain. I went back to work 3 weeks ago and am working 5 to 6 hours per day. Hope all is well with everyone!
    Sandie
    Fusion is scheduled for November 4, 2010
    T10 - S1

Wow Sandie, what a story! I'm so glad you're doing so well, after such a lot of surgery. Does this mean you've gained quite a lot of height?

Good to hear from you. Keep up the good work!
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Holy canoli - back to work already? Congratulations! There is no way I could focus long enough to do much of anything - I'm 2 weeks out.

I'm glad you are feeling so well. You must have been in bad shape pre-op.
      Female, age 38
      4 years of bracing, concluded at 42*upper/38*lower
      currently 64*upper/40*lower
      Fused T3-L4 on Feb 23 2011
      now 32*upper/18* lower

Comment

Congratulations! I can't believe you are back to work so soon. Keep up the good work with your recovery.
        Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
        Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
        70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
        Rib Hump-GONE!
        Age-60 at the time of surgery
        Now 66
        Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
        Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
        Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
        Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
        tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
        http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Wow, it sounds like you had a really rough start. I'm glad you are doing so well. It's amazing you are back to work already. Don't overdo it, and congrats! I hope you keep feeling better and better. How much height did you gain? Did they measure it? Do you know your pre and post surgery cobb angles? Best wishes to you!
          Be happy!
          We don't know what tomorrow brings,
          but we are alive today!

Comment

Working...
          X