Psoas muscle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psoas muscle

Ok so I have been reading about this a lot.
    Could this be an issue in getting scoliosis? This muscle is one of the thickest one in our body and it connects the lower part of the spine with the thigh and if it contracts and becomes tight it will elevate the hips causing hip imbalance and it will contract the low lumbar spine and make it pull outwards causing to have the curve.

Has anyone been reading about this??????????? can someone help out here?

I have a massage therapist (whom I love love love) and she works my psoas fairly often. As for any impact on scoli, I don't know, but the relief post-work is awesome when I'm having a spasm there.
    Female, age 38
    4 years of bracing, concluded at 42*upper/38*lower
    currently 64*upper/40*lower
    Fused T3-L4 on Feb 23 2011
    now 32*upper/18* lower

Comment

Google Liz Koch. She has published a book and a CD all about the psoas and the connection to scoliosis. She also claims that she was able to reduce her scoliosis by releasing her psoas. Whether or not that's true she makes some pretty interesting points about the role of the psoas.
      1993, Age 13, 53* Right T Curve w/ Left L compensatory
      2010, Age 30, 63* or 68* (depending on the doc) Right T Curve w/ Left L compensatory

http://livingtwisted.wordpress.com/

Comment

It's certainly possible that it plays a role in some way. It plays a role in other orthopedic issues from the low back down to the ankle.

Comment

Working...
        X