Epidural Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epidural Shot

I went in yesterday morning for my Epidural Shot at C7. The doctors doing the procedure had NO idea about my Scoliosis Surgery and were questioning whether my neck had gotten like this from an accident! OYE!

Also, when the doc had reviewed my MRI he told me I had a lot of Arthritis. This was not what was explained to me by the last doc although I figured it out on my own by reviewing my MRI on my own. I explained to him what I had delt with so far at the clinic and he was less than impressed but not surprised. Herein lies the problem when dealing with the military hospital. While it's the best hospital in this area, so I'm told, they rotate the docs so often in certain clinics that patients are constantly retelling their stories and many of the docs just don't listen and they do what they want to do.

I'm making sure that I follow up with this doc in the future and see where I end up. It seems the shot maybe helping a little bit. When I had two shots done on my lumbar 6 years ago they did nothing for me so I was extremely skeptical yesterday but the docs asked me to think positively and be "hopeful" so that's the attitude that I walked away with. What else can one do other than be hopeful?! As long as they lessen my migraines I will be thankful for that alone! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will buy me some time!
    Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
    50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
    Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
    X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
    Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
    Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
    Nice and straight now!!!!!

It took my lumbar injections about two weeks to have the full effect. I hope you feel better.
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

Good luck, Susan. I sure hope this works for you. We'll all think positively too. Janet
      Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
      Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
      Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
      Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
      T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Working...
      X