PDA

View Full Version : **Surgery scheduled: April 19, 2011, Dr. Boachie**

ColdBricks
03-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Hi everyone. Insurance was sorted out last week, and as of this morning, my surgery has been officially scheduled with Dr. Boachie at the HSS in NYC. I have been on this site for over a year and a half, and wanted to thank everyone for their help/support/suggestions, and of course, good senses of humor. I will keep you all up to date if/when stuff happens.

I am a bit nervous, but I would say this is pretty normal. I am excited at the idea of having less pain in my life. I am very thankful that Dr. Boachie is doing my surgery, as I naturally felt good vibes from him.

Dave

kennedy
03-10-2011, 10:49 AM
dave good luck with your surgery on april 19 2011

Doodles
03-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Dave--
That's great news! And not too long to wait either. It sounds like you have a great attitude as you prepare. Good luck. Janet

debbei
03-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Good luck Dave!! You are in good hands. Let us know how it goes.

Lilysaidwhat
03-10-2011, 07:57 PM
\m/ \m/ Rock on, Dave!

Lorz
03-14-2011, 11:48 AM
First, I wanted to wish you luck with your upcoming surgery. I am also scheduled for surgery, with Dr. Boachie, in June. I think we are in very capable hands. I started a thread approx. 2 weeks ago, asking about getting private duty nurses at HSS. The opinion seems to be, if you can, DO IT! I am wondering if you are considering it? I will be very interested in reading about your experience, post-op!! Regards, Lori

ColdBricks
03-22-2011, 10:46 AM
I will keep you posted on what happens! The surgery was actually moved a week later, so it is now April 27th. About a month away....

asccbodypro
03-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Good luck with your up and coming surgery. I have heard MANY good things about Dr. B so your clearly in good hands. As for your nerves, everyone gets them! At least you have the knowledge of many of his patients on here so you know what to expect. Good luck!

ColdBricks
03-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Less than a month away now..I gave my blood this morning

Lorz
03-28-2011, 07:16 PM
I am right behind you, just got my letter to schedule my donations! Your date will be here before you know it. How are you doing? You will do well, you have youth on your side. I will be thinking of you.

Debra JGL
03-30-2011, 01:44 PM
Hi Dave, I'll be thinking of you as your surgery nears. You are in great hands! I had my surgery with Dr. B almost 7 months ago, and have had a very good recovery up to this point. I was nervous too going into the weeks before surgery, but it was mixed with excitement and determination.

JenniferG
03-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Good luck Dave. We've all heard great things about Dr. Boachie. Having a good surgeon is possibly the most important aspect of this surgery, but your good attitude and your youth are most definitely on your side.

golfnut
03-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Dave,
It's natural to be nervous, but as many on the forum told me, the weeks before surgery are the most difficult. I have to agree. Maybe I've just been lucky, but my recovery has been less painful than I anticipated. I had surgery on Jan. 5 and saw friends (although briefly) at a Super Bowl party. You get your life back(with some adjustments) sooner than you might think and I'm 60! You have a good surgeon, a good attitude, and youth on your side. Be sure to post when you are "on the other side."

leannebr
04-07-2011, 01:02 AM
here's a prayer that everything goes great and you have relief from your pain and the future is brighter for you . Sounds like you have a great surgeon and thats the most important thing. Oh, well besides FAITH. :)

sarahcant
04-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Good Luck Dave! I just had my surgery on March 15 at nyu. My advice to you would be to make sure you get on stool softners asap and keep up with your bathroom stuff. Gross I know but very necessary I had a horrible weekend because I let that go. I didnt realize that I would run into such an issue. Also if you can rent a hospital bed. It has made me very comfortable with the in and out of bed problem. Make sure that you take a multi up until they tell you not too and eat really healthy foods. Do you have someone to help take care of you? My friend is an aid and she has been helping me I couldnt have done it without her. Make sure you have family and friends on board. Dont be afraid to ask for help. Keep us posted...I was posting from my phone in the hospital it made me feel less alone...all the best to you!

Sarahcant
march 15 nyu dr. errico
T-3 to S-1
L-5 - S-1

jh548
04-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Hi everyone. Insurance was sorted out last week, and as of this morning, my surgery has been officially scheduled with Dr. Boachie at the HSS in NYC. I have been on this site for over a year and a half, and wanted to thank everyone for their help/support/suggestions, and of course, good senses of humor. I will keep you all up to date if/when stuff happens.

I am a bit nervous, but I would say this is pretty normal. I am excited at the idea of having less pain in my life. I am very thankful that Dr. Boachie is doing my surgery, as I naturally felt good vibes from him.

Dave Dr. Boachi was our surgeon and you are in the best and kindest hands. You'll get through it and do great and the pain meds work! Good luck.

Elisa
04-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Hope everything goes really well for you Dave. I'll be thinking of you and that day is also the same day my son has his second surgery here in Portland OR. Keep us posted. :-)

leannebr
04-09-2011, 01:40 AM
Best ever wishes to you.