PDA

View Full Version : First Day Shopping for Clothes

golfnut
03-08-2011, 12:26 PM
I took a brief shopping trip by myself to St. Louis which is only about 25 miles. Since I still have the no bend, lift, twist restrictions, I didn't bother to try on clothes until I got home. How exciting to look at a top that I liked and NOT have to think, "Oh, that will be too clinging and everyone will see my ribhump." I bought it! Yeah! I did drop my credit card and had to explain to the clerk that I would need her to pick it up for me.

jeneemohler
03-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Niiiiice!!

I came home from the hospital and tried on lots of my tops that I couldn't wear anymore, and sundresses I wore anyway, rib hump and all. What an amazing thing to see them fit across my back. Snug Tshirts again-YAY!!!

Drop things?? Don't bend-use splayed leg squats with your back straight-builds those quads!!! It is getting easier every day to squat and pick things up. Someday I'll have my bum back....

JenniferG
03-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Karen, the first shopping trip - Yaaay! The first of many rewards to come, I would say!

mgs
03-08-2011, 02:19 PM
That is a happy "first"!!! Where did you to shopping? (STL will always be home to me!)

Elisa
03-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Very nice! I had to laugh when you said you dropped your Visa though b/c I can just picture you being so excited by the whole shopping experience that you got flustered and dropped your money, hehe.

peachrush7
03-08-2011, 06:06 PM
I already have been shopping online since my surgery...I need LONGER tops! those 2 inches gained made a lot of my shirts a bit hoochie lol...

it IS fun to put on a top and not have it go crooked, esp. shirts with stripes!