PDA

View Full Version : Adding x-rays to signature

golfnut
03-07-2011, 12:07 PM
I am planning to get a copy of my before and after x-rays at my 10 week appointment next week. I went to "Edit Signature" to see if I could figure it out and it says "Can upload images to your signature-NO" Any tips on how to do it once I get the CD?
Thanks!

loves to skate
03-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Hi Karen, I am unable to upload xrays to my signature also. I don' know why and have only been able to upload them to a post. I have even emailed Mr. O'Brien with no response. I will be looking to see what you find out.
Sally

hdugger
03-07-2011, 04:23 PM
I haven't tried, but I think how it works is that you upload the image to another site (like Flicker), and then put a link to the image on that site in your signature.

loves to skate
03-07-2011, 04:37 PM
I haven't tried, but I think how it works is that you upload the image to another site (like Flicker), and then put a link to the image on that site in your signature.

That didn't work for me either. It has something to do with when you sign up for the forum, it is a permission thing. When I signed up, for some reason they thought I was a child and was denied certain things and I can't seem to get anyone to change it for me. Maybe Linda can help.
Sally

KathK
03-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Hee, hee, that made me laugh, Sally, that the forum thinks you are a child. The site must have forgotten to "card you".

loves to skate
03-09-2011, 04:07 PM
Hee, hee, that made me laugh, Sally, that the forum thinks you are a child. The site must have forgotten to "card you".
Yeah, and I am probably the oldest person on this forum right now.:)
Sally

jeneemohler
03-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Sally, you GO girl!!! I WISH someone would card me nowadays.... LOL.

littlebird
04-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Yeah, and I am probably the oldest person on this forum right now.:)
Sally

I challenge you on the status of oldest person. Now, I am ok with losing, but I doubt that you are older. My next surgery is June 6th and I turn 68 on June 3 rd. I don't feel old, my thinking is as young as ever, but my body is old.

littlebird
04-28-2011, 06:30 PM
That didn't work for me either. It has something to do with when you sign up for the forum, it is a permission thing. When I signed up, for some reason they thought I was a child and was denied certain things and I can't seem to get anyone to change it for me. Maybe Linda can help.
Sally
I read your info and I do believe that you are older. I like knowing that I am not the oldest. I hope that you are doing well. Wish me luck on the 6th and 8th. I am very high risk but need the surgery.

LindaRacine
04-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Hi...

As far as I know, no one can add xrays to their signature.

--Linda

JenniferG
04-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Mine are added to my signature, but perhaps I'm the only person who can see them?

LindaRacine
04-28-2011, 11:03 PM
Mine are added to my signature, but perhaps I'm the only person who can see them?
You have LINKS to your xray images, not the actual images.

JenniferG
04-29-2011, 06:41 PM
You have LINKS to your xray images, not the actual images.

Yes sorry, that's what I thought Karen meant.

loves to skate
04-30-2011, 09:59 AM
I read your info and I do believe that you are older. I like knowing that I am not the oldest. I hope that you are doing well. Wish me luck on the 6th and 8th. I am very high risk but need the surgery.
Hi littlebird,
I was 67 when I had my surgeries and turned 68 two months later. I am now 71 years young. I really don't mind being the oldest because age is just a number. I still have a lot of living to do and am most grateful that my body wasn't too old for the surgery. Are you at high risk because of your age, or is something else going on?

I definitely wish you luck with your surgeries.
Sally

osumike
05-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Im pretty sure mine are in my signature also...or at least something to click on to see them...and by the way, I havent updated my signature since last year sometime- I think it still says Im scheduled with Bridwell, which I am NOT...ill get that corrected...

LindaRacine
05-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Hi...

As far as I know, no one can add xrays to their signature.

--Linda
I just tried adding a link to my signature. My settings are the same as everyone else. Let's see if it works.

--Linda

LindaRacine
05-01-2011, 01:22 PM
OK, to add a link to your signature, select Edit Profile from the Forum Actions menu. Then, select Edit Signature from the left-hand frame.

loves to skate
05-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Linda, I am showing you my signature abilities. Near the bottom, you can see that I am not allowed to download images to my signature. Why? I have no idea.
Sally

Allow Basic BB Code
Yes
Allow Color BB Code
Yes
Allow Size BB Code
Yes
Allow Font BB Code
Yes
Allow Alignment BB Code
Yes
Allow List BB Code
Yes
Allow Link BB Code
Yes
Allow HTML
No

Allow Image BB Code
No
Allow Code BB Code
Yes
Allow PHP BB Code
Yes
Allow HTML BB Code
Yes
Allow Quote BB Code
Yes
Allow Smilies
Yes
Can Upload Images for Signature
No
Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature
No

golfnut
05-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Ditto to what Sally said.

LindaRacine
05-02-2011, 11:00 PM
I have the very same settings. As I said above, I can't put an image in my signature, but I am able to add a link. Are you guys able to get to the Edit Signature link?

loves to skate
05-03-2011, 09:27 AM
I have the very same settings. As I said above, I can't put an image in my signature, but I am able to add a link. Are you guys able to get to the Edit Signature link?

Linda, I don't think so. Where does it show up, or where is it supposed to show up?
Sally

LindaRacine
05-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Linda, I don't think so. Where does it show up, or where is it supposed to show up?
Sally
Select Edit Profile from the Forum Actions menu. Then, select Edit Signature from the left-hand frame menus.

loves to skate
05-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Select Edit Profile from the Forum Actions menu. Then, select Edit Signature from the left-hand frame menus.

Linda, When I do that, I can type anything I want to in my signature, but I don't see where I can add a link. I need a book on "Dummies for Forums". Haha!

LindaRacine
05-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Linda, When I do that, I can type anything I want to in my signature, but I don't see where I can add a link. I need a book on "Dummies for Forums". Haha!
Once you're in the Edit Signature function, in the second row of menu items, just about in the middle of the row, there is a round blue icon (the one to the left of the round blue icon with the red X). Click on it, and paste the URL for your photo.

--Linda

loves to skate
05-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Once you're in the Edit Signature function, in the second row of menu items, just about in the middle of the row, there is a round blue icon (the one to the left of the round blue icon with the red X). Click on it, and paste the URL for your photo.

--Linda

Thanks Linda,
Whew, I did it!!! I'm a slow learner when it comes to computers. I have no recollection of ever doing a link before. Never knew what those little icons were for.
Sally

golfnut
05-04-2011, 01:48 PM
This is just a test to see if my link to my pictures worked. I hope so.

golfnut
05-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Obviously, it didn't work. I thought I had a link to Photobucket. I'll have to try again.

backissues
05-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Sally, You look great!! You have been an inspiration for me.

I can't upload any photos either. I have the same settings as all of you. I wanted to upload before and after photos. I'll try with Snapfish.

Littlebird, Good luck!! I'm not that far behind you in age.

backissues
05-04-2011, 02:20 PM
It works for me to use the link but I don't know if it will work for anyone else who doesn't have a login on Snapfish.

golfnut
05-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Thanks, Linda, for your help.

backissues
05-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Can anyone get access to Snapfish through my link? I haven't seen Snapfish as the location before.

Thanks.

LindaRacine
05-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Can anyone get access to Snapfish through my link? I haven't seen Snapfish as the location before.

Thanks.

Not without registering.

backissues
05-05-2011, 07:33 AM
Linda, Thanks for checking. I signed up for Photobucket. I'd appreciate it if someone can see if this works.

Susie*Bee
05-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Ladies-- your pics all look good. I've had mine in my signature (3 different things to click on) for at least a couple of years. I know I tried to send directions to Karen, but maybe they didn't work since we're under a new system???? Anyway, you all look great! :)

I haven't been on here in a few weeks. It's good to "see" everyone!