skating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skating

hey every one i'm almost a year postop now. i was woundering can you skate after a year postop?
    Kara
    Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
    Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
    T4-L2
    Before 50T
    After 20T

Yes. You can do pretty much anything after you are one year post op. Some people are given no restrictions at all and others are told not to bungy jump or ski-dive, but that's about all the restrictions I can think of.

Mary Lou
    Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Kennedy, let us know how you get on when you give it a go! Hope all goes well.

B
      Billy
      32 year old male from UK
      Fused at 25yrs
      62 degree thoratic curve
      45 degree lumbar curve
      Fused T3-L1 on 3rd Jan 2012

Comment

the thing is i don't want to fall on my new back
        Kara
        Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
        T4-L2
        Before 50T
        After 20T

Comment

Why don't you ask your surgeon?

Melissa

Comment

i do't no why i didn't ask my surgeon
            Kara
            Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
            T4-L2
            Before 50T
            After 20T

Comment

Kara,

Since your one year check up is this month, why don't you write all your questions down and take them with you to the appointmnet? Every patient is different and just to be certain, ask your doctor. Tell him your worries about falling and see what he says.

Mary Lou
              Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Originally posted by kennedy View Post
                hey every one i'm almost a year postop now. i was woundering can you skate after a year postop?
                Hey Kara, I started back to roller skating when I was about 10 months post op. It was very scary at first but after a few months I was skating much better and the fear was gone. Even if you fall on your back, you probably won't hurt your fusion. Just stay away from little kids who might bump into you from the side.
                Sally
                Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
                X