Fall- Should I call my surgeon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall- Should I call my surgeon

I fell this morning after my left leg gave out. I am in more pain than I have been. Should I call my surgeon or wait until I see him in 2 weeks?

Melissa

No one would ever tell you not to, but I might give it till tomorrow,early, just to see if you're better by then. My experience is that, whether it's a fall or a sinus headache, doctors' offices seem to always want you to give it a day before saying come in - unless it's an obvious major thing.
    Are you allowed NSAIDs yet? The pain that you're feeling might be from soft tissue injury, and Advil or the like might work wonders w/your pain. Heat? Ice?
    I'm so sorry that you fell. My heart sank when I read the title of this thread, and saw it was you (not that I want anyone here to get hurt).
    Fused T-3 to L-3, Aug 25
    Hardware removal surgery, Nov 2, 2010
    Fused T-10 to L-2, osteotomy, Feb 22, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by mbeckoff View Post
      I fell this morning after my left leg gave out. I am in more pain than I have been. Should I call my surgeon or wait until I see him in 2 weeks?

Melissa
      Melissa,

Definitely get in as soon as you can. It's better to be safe than sorry. I would imagine that your doctor would feel the same. I had a few "accidents" which occurred durin the first few weeks of my surgery and I was always told to go in asap. With as much as you have had done it's just not worth the risk. Has you leg given out on you in the past or was this something new to you?
      Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
      50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
      Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
      X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
      Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
      Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
      Nice and straight now!!!!!

Comment

hell yes

I would call him immediately. Your surgery was so long ago why would your leg be giving out now? Keep us posted

Sarah
        Sarahcant
        Surgery March 15
        Dr. Errico NYU
        Fused T-3 to S-1
        an inch and change taller
        nice and straight
        49 years old (yikes)

Comment

Originally posted by asccbodypro View Post
          Melissa,

Definitely get in as soon as you can. It's better to be safe than sorry. I would imagine that your doctor would feel the same. I had a few "accidents" which occurred durin the first few weeks of my surgery and I was always told to go in asap. With as much as you have had done it's just not worth the risk. Has you leg given out on you in the past or was this something new to you?
          This was the first time that I had that problem. It has to do with my neck surgery

Melissa

Comment

Melissa, did you call/go in? How are you feeling today?
            Fused T-3 to L-3, Aug 25
            Hardware removal surgery, Nov 2, 2010
            Fused T-10 to L-2, osteotomy, Feb 22, 2011

Comment

Yes Melissa, please call. I'm sorry about all the pain and hope nothing bad happened with the fall ((Hugs))

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
              Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
              Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
              Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
              Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

I spoke with my surgeonand since I was not in agony,he felt that it could wait until I see him this coming Wednesday

Thanks for caring

Comment

Working...
                X