PDA

View Full Version : Six Month Post Op Checkup

LisaB
02-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Hi all. I've been busy and haven't been on for awhile but I got back this evening from St Louis after having my 6 month check up. The X-rays looked good and everything seems to be holding well and it looks like I'm fusing. After meeting with Dr Bridwell I met with Janet, the physical therapist, and she went over exercises I can now start doing other than my 3 mile walks. (yeah!) Everything seems to be going as planned and Golfnut..... If you're reading this... I can now (as soon as the weather improves) start chipping and putting as long as I stand up straight. (Dr B said that I may need to get a longer putter) and I can't use anything longer than a 7 iron right now. I should be able to do a full swing after a year. (Aug 31) I had a very nice dinner last night with 2 of Dr Bridwell's patients; one is a lady I met through this forum and she is having surgery tomorrow, and the other lady had surgery 8 years ago and is still doing great! So it was a very positive 2 days in St Louis!

peachrush7
03-01-2011, 05:19 PM
wow! what a great post! glad you're doing so well and are able to start getting back to things you love doing. It's so encouraging to me being only 9 weeks post-op to see how much better it gets down the road. Hope you continue to have great success!

Confusedmom
03-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Great, Lisa! Glad to hear it is continuing to go well.

My St. Louis appointment got moved up to March 16th. I'll let you know how it goes.

:),
Evelyn

golfnut
03-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Lisa,
I am glad you got such a good report! I am hoping to chip and putt by June or July. Meanwhile, I am walking several holes while my friends play.

golfnut
03-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Evelyn,
I also will be seeing Dr. Lenke on the 16th. My appointment was just changed to 7:00am. When is your appointment? I'd love to meet you.
Karen

LisaB
03-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Peachrush7 - thanks! Sounds like you're doing well for only 9 weeks out. Hang in there! It gets better all the time and it's good to know that you can get back to normal eventually.

Evelyn- let's get Kristie and get together for lunch after your appointment!

Karen - Keep walking! It helps!

naptown78
03-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Peachrush7 - thanks! Sounds like you're doing well for only 9 weeks out. Hang in there! It gets better all the time and it's good to know that you can get back to normal eventually.

Evelyn- let's get Kristie and get together for lunch after your appointment!

Karen - Keep walking! It helps!

Lisa
So glad you are doing so well! I'm glad you can slowly get back to your golf game ;-)
Evelyn, good luck at your appt on the 16th, I'll keep my fingers crossed.