PDA

View Full Version : Where's Amanda "Back-Out"?

Confusedmom
02-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Does anyone know what's up with our Shakespeare? Did she have surgery? I have PM'd and emailed her and haven't heard anything. I know she was wanting to have surgery by the end of 2010 for insurance reasons, but I don't see if/when she posted that she was going to.

Thanks!
Evelyn

JenniferG
02-13-2011, 06:21 PM
I've been wondering the same thing for ages. I hope someone knows, or better still, she sees this and updates us. I'd love to know how she is.

mgs
02-13-2011, 07:24 PM
I just hate it when one of us goes MIA - esp if it's someone post-op who has been having a rough go of it.

Sometimes I wish that, when we register with this forum, we complete a contact info form so that, if need be, Linda (or Joe, if I'm remembering his name) could call the person's house, just to make sure everything's OK. . .I know there are problems w/that plan, but. . .we do care about each other.

foofer
02-13-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm friends with her on Facebook, so I checked her wall. Today is her birthday! So I wrote her a message letting her know that people on the forum had been asking about her and that she is missed.

My guess is that she has not had surgery as there is no indication of such...

mgs
02-14-2011, 03:53 AM
That's good! Thanks for letting us know. I must have her confused w/someone whose forum name is similar. . .I'm forever calling my sons by the name of one of their brothers, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I do the same thing here from time to time. I'll plead senior moment, rather than just plain old confused.

Confusedmom
02-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks, Amy. I appreciate it!

Evelyn

JenniferG
02-15-2011, 03:18 AM
Thanks Amy.

jrnyc
02-15-2011, 05:11 AM
i am not surprised at this development...

jess

dolores a
02-15-2011, 09:05 AM
I don't post much any more, but I certainly check in to see how everyone is. I too was concerned about Amanda, hope she is ok.

foofer
02-15-2011, 09:13 AM
She wrote me back last night. Said to say Happy Valentine's Day to all.

Apparently, she had some sort of setback that postponed the surgery window. She mentioned that she hoped to be back when she figures it out a little more. She loves to write so much that it was taking up much needed time to implement action!

JenniferG
02-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the update Amy. I hope the set back wasn't too major.