Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 week neck post-op ,another procedure!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 week neck post-op ,another procedure!!??

Went to my 2 week for the removal of the small piece of hardware. Have been having drainage and an area opened and really not much relief of my pain. Gong back Friday for incision and drainage and possible removal of more hardware,T1-T3. I will be 6 months post op on the 9th and Dr Vora feels I fused well T1- T3. May be having reaction to hardware. I'm trying to remain positive but it is getting tougher. I still can't rotate my neck far enough to drive ,stuck in the house unless someone can take me out(Which my husband does as much as possible)
    There are times I too, have regretted this surgery but the pain I have is still better than what I had preopin my ribs and legs

I did have a silly moment that made me smile. I put on a horizontal striped turtleneck that I always liked but would always wear something over because the stripes were out of whack (you all know what I mean).The stripes remained horizontal!!
    LOL
    51 yo
    dx 13 never braced
    DJD and osteoporosis ,Fx ribs 10/09(from osteo) downhill since,vertebral slippage w/ nerve damage and rotation
    Surgery 08/09/10 T1-S1 decomp,fusion w/ instrumentaion
    Sacral/pelvic fixation + 4 osteotomies and dura repair
    C 20 degrees to 4 degrees
    T 57 degrees to 15 degrees
    L 38 degrees to 5 degrees

I know what you mean about the stripes!!! For the 14 months that my back was (relatively) straight, I would look at how clothes looked on me from the back, and just marvel!!! Life's simple pleasures!!

I am sorry that you're going through this. I went back and looked through your posts to refresh my memory. . .this certainly has been an ongoing ordeal. I'll cross my fingers (and send up a prayer!) that this hardware removal does it for you, and that you'll be zipping around town in no time.

Am I right in guessing that if the dr does only an I&D tomorrow, you'll go home right away, but if he removes some hardware, you'll be in the hosp a day or 2? Please keep us posted. . .and good luck!!
    Fused T-3 to L-3, Aug 25
    Hardware removal surgery, Nov 2, 2010
    Fused T-10 to L-2, osteotomy, Feb 22, 2011

Comment

Hi Boopy...

You might want to check out this mirror: http://www.amazon.com/Vision-Panoram.../dp/B000GKAZMW which might make it possible to drive.

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

update

Came home late Saturday due to ice storm. Good news ...No infection or hardware removal. Had some necrotic tissue from the last surgery. Cleaned up and debrided. Boy does this hurt !! Burning and pain. Ice and percocet are helping.
        Linda -thanks for the link.I will probably send for one of each for rear and side mirrors.
        MGS-thanks for the prayers
        51 yo
        dx 13 never braced
        DJD and osteoporosis ,Fx ribs 10/09(from osteo) downhill since,vertebral slippage w/ nerve damage and rotation

Comment

So glad this is getting taken care of for you. Better luck throughout the rest of your recovery!! Janet
          Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
          Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
          Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
          Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
          T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Hope the remainder of your recovery goes smoothly. Let us know, won't you?
            Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
            Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
            T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
            Osteotomies and Laminectomies
            Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

a new update

I was called into the surgeons today, needless to say I was a little nervous but I figured it out before we got there.
              I did have growth on days 2/3 soo..... PICC line tomorrow with at least 6 weeks of Vanco. Infectious Dr and suirgeon met with me and my husband together . They were very caring and helpful. If anyone ever needs surgery and is able to get to Hershey ,Pa. ,this is the place to go. Everyone is caring and professional
              Donna
              51 yo
              dx 13 never braced

Comment

WOW! I'm sorry it happened, but at least now you have a definite explanation of what's wrong, and a definite plan of action. Hopefully, the 6 weeks will do it, and you'll feel lots better. (crossing fingers)
                Fused T-3 to L-3, Aug 25
                Hardware removal surgery, Nov 2, 2010
                Fused T-10 to L-2, osteotomy, Feb 22, 2011

Comment

Oh, dear. I agree with all MGS said though. Hopefully this plan will work and if you feel you have a caring and professional place that says a lot. Good luck. Janet
                  Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                  Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                  Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                  Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                  T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Working...
                  X