Cleared to go...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleared to go...

Bowling! Dr. Vora is allowing me to go bowling again. I specifically asked if I could go and told him my ball is 12 lbs. He seemed to be happy with my progress so far. His assistant was shocked at how quick my appointment was and said that I'm the easiest patient by far!

More News:

I finally gave in and got measured at my primary doctor appointment and gained an inch. I wanted at least two inches so that I could finally say that I'm 5'0... but no. Oh well! I'm still happy that I did the surgery.

Also, I'm still quite numb across my back. I've been trying to lose 15 lbs and have noticed that as I've been losing some of the weight that the numbness is going down. I'm not sure why this is happening. It could just be a weird coincidence.
    Tiffany K
    I'm not short, I'm fun size!

29 years old
    4'11", never braced
    Pre-surgery, 52° T6 to T12, 35° T12 to L4
    T1-L2, Posterior 8/5/2010, gained 1"

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=03212f3e17

Hi Tiffany,
    I have Dr Vora also and had my surgery Augsut 9th. I am jealous of your recovery ,but very pleased for you. I had an overnight procedure 1 week ago Friday,which took care of my pain in my left neck shoulder and scapula.but am having issues w/ the incision. Won't go into details(don't want to whine). Are you back to work? what do you do?
    I live in Bernville. Where in Reading area are you.
    Nice to know that I am not the only one to choose Hersey over Reading
    Maybe when I can drive we can go to lunch and compare notes and war stories

Donna
    51 yo
    dx 13 never braced
    DJD and osteoporosis ,Fx ribs 10/09(from osteo) downhill since,vertebral slippage w/ nerve damage and rotation
    Surgery 08/09/10 T1-S1 decomp,fusion w/ instrumentaion
    Sacral/pelvic fixation + 4 osteotomies and dura repair
    C 20 degrees to 4 degrees
    T 57 degrees to 15 degrees
    L 38 degrees to 5 degrees

Comment

Good for you Tiffany. Let us know how the bowling goes for you. I used to bowl many years ago and wondered if it was something I could do now.
      Sally
      Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
      Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
      Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
      Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
      Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Hi Boopy1-

I'm just wondering what overnight procedure you had to take care of your neck/shoulder pain. I had my surgery back in June and am still having problems with my neck and shoulder blade/scapula region. Did you have this pain before your surgery? I never had this pain before my surgery, it just occurred as a result of the surgery. I am now 7 months post op and am praying it will eventually go away, but it hasn't yet.

Glad to hear the operation took care of the pain.

JenM
        Surgery date: June 8, 2010 with Dr. Boachie
        Thoracic curve: 55 degrees, corrected to 25 degrees
        Lumbar curve: 58 degrees, corrected to 27 degrees
        Posterior-only surgery, Levels T3-L3
        31 year old mother of 2 young kids

Comment

Donna-

That's funny that you went in for surgery the day I was released. I only saw one surgeon in Reading and knew he wasn't the right fit for me. I'm sorry to hear of your extra surgery for your neck, but I'm glad that Dr. Vora was able to correct it.

It's nice to know there are other people around this area that I can relate to. I'm over more towards Shillington though. I've been back to work since October. I'm an administrative assistant and get to move around the office a lot.

Meeting for lunch would be great and who knows if our appointments would ever be around the same time. However, I don't go back until July.
          Tiffany K
          I'm not short, I'm fun size!

29 years old
          4'11", never braced
          Pre-surgery, 52° T6 to T12, 35° T12 to L4
          T1-L2, Posterior 8/5/2010, gained 1"

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=03212f3e17

Comment

Tiffany,
            Now I'm really jealous. I didn't get home until Sept 1st (w/rehab and all). I'm not even close to going back to work. To be 28 again!!! (LOL).
            JenM,
            I had a rogue piece of rod in my scapular muscle. I always had pain in that area but this was not the same type of pain. Yes I feel discomfort in neck ,shoulder and scapula but it is better every day,especially w/ stretching using band tied to staircase (see one of these posts from today or yesterday she has all the exercises I do)In fact I rotated my neck to the right the furthest to date...almost got my chin to above shoulder

Donna
            51 yo
            dx 13 never braced
            DJD and osteoporosis ,Fx ribs 10/09(from osteo) downhill since,vertebral slippage w/ nerve damage and rotation
            Surgery 08/09/10 T1-S1 decomp,fusion w/ instrumentaion
            Sacral/pelvic fixation + 4 osteotomies and dura repair
            C 20 degrees to 4 degrees
            T 57 degrees to 15 degrees
            L 38 degrees to 5 degrees

Comment

Working...
            X