PDA

View Full Version : hello from post op

jeneemohler
01-18-2011, 05:44 PM
hi everyone!

Well life on the other side is pretty much what i expected. Eat your prunes!!!! I was on the whole arsenal and 7 days later was no picnic. A very compassionate nurse had to stimulate my bum... ewwwww. Nuf said!

I spent 7 days in.
Yes the first days are very tough
remember the bend films showed correction of only 58 degrees on both curves of over 70? Well, she is so happy-she got correction of both curves to around 35 degrees. And didn't have to remove any ribs. i was sooo happy. She also said I have the bones of a young woman. Exercise and sports for all those years paid off.
It has taken forever to type this. Little brain haze going on. I wanted to say hi and give my thanks too all who have helped me on this journey so far. I love my new sleek back!!!

Pooka1
01-18-2011, 06:20 PM
hi everyone!

Well life on the other side is pretty much what i expected. Eat your prunes!!!! I was on the whole arsenal and 7 days later was no picnic. A very compassionate nurse had to stimulate my bum... ewwwww. Nuf said!

I spent 7 days in.
Yes the first days are very tough
remember the bend films showed correction of only 58 degrees on both curves of over 70? Well, she is so happy-she got correction of both curves to around 35 degrees. And didn't have to remove any ribs. i was sooo happy. She also said I have the bones of a young woman. Exercise and sports for all those years paid off.
It has taken forever to type this. Little brain haze going on. I wanted to say hi and give my thanks too all who have helped me on this journey so far. I love my new sleek back!!!

Congratulations and good work keeping your humor and wit.

Great correction. I didn't realize they using the bending to figure out how much correction then can get. With my kids I thought is was more related to proving a curve is not structural but I don't know that.

You can remove the "thoracoplasty" from your sig file. (smiley face)

titaniumed
01-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Jenee

Great to hear your ok. Sorry about the stimulation.

Just try to take it easy, you have a lot of healing going on right now! No falls ok?

Thx for posting
Ed

Doodles
01-18-2011, 11:19 PM
Jenee--
That's just wonderful! You must be so pleased. Take it very easy and let the healing begin. Janet

JenniferG
01-18-2011, 11:51 PM
You sound great Jenee'. Welcome to the club. ;)

cathydrew
01-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Jenee' I am happy to hear this! And only 9 days out! Congrats I am looking forward to more updates from you, our curves, and surgery are very similar (mine is April 5) God bless and I will pray for continued healing and pain free days for you.

SusanS
01-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Jenee, welcome back home! Hope you're doing well... I'm right behind you, I'm going in next Friday. Let's visit when I get back!

ADMoul
01-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Great to hear from you, Jenee'. Take it one day at a time. Long term, it will all be worth it!

golfnut
01-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Jenee',
It's good to hear from you. Isn't it nice to look in the mirror and not see a crooked back? I have been sleeping too much during the day and then have trouble sleeping at night. My friends have been briinging dinners, which I didn't really expect. We're having a gigantic party this summer for everyone. I'm anxious for nice weather!!!!
Glad you are doing so well!!

jeneemohler
01-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Jenee, welcome back home! Hope you're doing well... I'm right behind you, I'm going in next Friday. Let's visit when I get back!

What the heck??? I wanted to be well and be able to help you out more!!! I wanted to come and say hi in the hospital... It was so nice to finally meet you.
So next Friday the 28th? We need to talk before then. I have lots of plans in the works that I would like to talk to you about. My brain is brainstorming AND on drugs. Hmmmm..... dangerous combination!
Maybe I will call you in a few days, ok?

LisaB
01-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Hi Jenee - sounds like you're doing great! It is nice not to be all crooked anymore!

foofer
01-19-2011, 11:11 PM
Jenee',

A warm welcome back! Wow, you did it! I was so happy to hear that you got such a good correction. Don't forget to take it slow and let yourself heal nicely. I enjoyed reading your husband's updates and your friends' comments. Now I feel like I know you, And your family, AND your friends. Nice.

SusanS
01-20-2011, 02:23 AM
What the heck??? I wanted to be well and be able to help you out more!!! I wanted to come and say hi in the hospital... It was so nice to finally meet you.
So next Friday the 28th? We need to talk before then. I have lots of plans in the works that I would like to talk to you about. My brain is brainstorming AND on drugs. Hmmmm..... dangerous combination!
Maybe I will call you in a few days, ok?

You are so sweet! It was so great meeting you too, and I do hope you're feeling better and stronger each minute. I would love to talk... are you up to taking phone calls? I know I have your number here somewhere. I can't WAIT to hear your plans and ideas.. that's what I love about Bend. Such a creative bunch... heal fast my friend, I'm right behind you. Talk soon!!!

lray
01-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Congrats Jenee on your successful surgery, and welcome to the "No longer crooked club". I know what you meant about having the nurse stimulate your bum...been there, done that, nasty...Anyway, bet you can't wait to get up and about and enjoy Bend. I have family there. Beautiful little city. Take care!