Surgeries scheduled Feb, Mar, Apr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgeries scheduled Feb, Mar, Apr

Surely I'm not the only February baby? Please add yourself below.

Lily - Feb 23, Dr Grauer, Yale
    Female, age 38
    4 years of bracing, concluded at 42*upper/38*lower
    currently 64*upper/40*lower
    Fused T3-L4 on Feb 23 2011
    now 32*upper/18* lower

mine was rescheduled for JAN 31st
    LaShawn Hardy
    34 years old
    Sep 2010 C5-C6 fused
    36 degree curve Thoratic
    Lumbar natural fusion
    Surgery Date 1/31/2011
    T2-L1
    Dr. Herkowitz
    Heart Condition and Bleeding Disorder
    hoping they don't reschedule my surgery again

Comment

Originally posted by fusedspine View Post
      mine was rescheduled for JAN 31st
      Oh man, I am so sorry. Mine was initially scheduled for Feb 9. I got my head wrapped around that somewhat, only to be told it was moved out 2 weeks.

It makes the rollercoaster that much worse, if you ask me.
      Female, age 38
      4 years of bracing, concluded at 42*upper/38*lower
      currently 64*upper/40*lower
      Fused T3-L4 on Feb 23 2011
      now 32*upper/18* lower

Comment

My surgery was rescheduled from March 30 til April 5. Dr. Lonner decided to go from T4 to S1 instead of T1. He will do two TLIFs at levels L4-5 and L5-S1 with pelvic fixation. He is using BMP for the TLIF and any leftover will go to the other fused areas, where he will use auto- and allographs. He will be using titanium screws and rods, but possibly cobalt chromium. He is confident of success because of all my pre-op tests and MRIs so far, my overall health and fitness level, and my unfaltering positivity. He is shooting for 50-60% correction and believes my rib hump will be nearly gone with only de-rotation. He is telling me I will be home after four days, and that makes me a little nervous. I have already told the staff I want OFF narcs ASAP, they said it should be 3-4 weeks MAX if all goes as planned. I am taking part in two studies: 1) The use of TXA - tranexamic acid, which has been proven to reduce bleeding and blood loss during spinal surgeries and 2) Ancef, an antibiotic that will be administered as long as the drain is in. I am taking off from my job as a 6th grade teacher (with no classroom, but I DO have a nice office =) until September 2011. I have the days saved and more, but hope to return to work and move on with life. This forum is my daily "fix" I can't go more than a few hours without checking on everybody. You are all my inspiration and heroes.
        Cathy
        2 sons, one Syracuse University graduate (working for the Mets now), one college sophomore, one great husband and two fabulous cats
        54 years old March 5
        AIS 45 degrees Thoracic at 14, Milwaukee brace for one year in 1977 then in 2012 I found Dr. Baron Lonner ❤️
        Surgery April 8 2015
        Presurgical curves T77 L66
        Post surgical T27 L22
        Fused T3-S1 pelvic fixation, osteotomies and all the other stuff but you know what? It's done...

Comment

Working...
        X