PDA

View Full Version : funny post op scoliosis t-shirt

fusedspine
01-12-2011, 03:41 PM
guys,

i am trying to think of a funny post op scoliosis t-shirt I can wear in the hospital. Any ideas?

bossic
01-12-2011, 04:08 PM
I am also looking for something for our daugher (13) for when she has her surgery. Some I have seen on the internet are maybe a little young looking, not sure...
But here are a few sites. Interested to see what others will fine. You need humor, to help cope sometimes! :)

Wishing you the best.
www.zazzle.com ~~~and~~~ www.cafepress.com
Than search "scoliosis shirts" or just "scoliosis.

JenniferG
01-12-2011, 04:20 PM
What a great idea! Hope someone comes up with a really funny one.

Doodles
01-12-2011, 05:59 PM
That is a cute idea!
Jennifer-- Been hearing about how bad the flooding is there. Is your area OK?? Hope you are safe and sound! Janet

JenniferG
01-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Thanks for thinking of us Janet. Here on the Sunshine Coast, we've been lucky. We've had torrential rain but we weren't in the path of the flash flooding that wreaked so much havoc in other areas. Today is sunny but the flooding continues South of here as the massive amount of water continues downstream. Queensland is a huge State and 75% was under water. At one point we had thousands of kilometres underwater, hard to imagine. Here is some footage taken over the last few days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEBIZ2KLsPA

Doodles
01-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Jennifer--
Glad you are OK. I can't believe 75% was flooded. Unbelievable--thanks for the video. I hope things change for the better quickly. Janet

Pooka1
01-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Ti Ed might have some ideas for the shirt. Or actually a million.

foofer
01-12-2011, 10:30 PM
How about:

"No longer a kinky woman."

or

"Slippery Curves Ahead" with one of those yellow diamond warning road signs with the black curvy line topped with the arrow. We could use that emoticon around here.

or

"Vaya ConFusion"

jrnyc
01-12-2011, 10:54 PM
how about one with a big long zipper down the back?

jess

foofer
01-14-2011, 08:47 AM
Thanks for thinking of us Janet. Here on the Sunshine Coast, we've been lucky. We've had torrential rain but we weren't in the path of the flash flooding that wreaked so much havoc in other areas. Today is sunny but the flooding continues South of here as the massive amount of water continues downstream. Queensland is a huge State and 75% was under water. At one point we had thousands of kilometres underwater, hard to imagine. Here is some footage taken over the last few days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEBIZ2KLsPA

Glad your area is ok, Jennifer. I was wondering the same about you at random times of the day and I'm glad Janet remembered to ask. So many people to wonder and worry about on this forum...like having the biggest family ever!

JenniferG
01-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks Amy. I definitely do think this is my second family. We're all in it together.

Fortunately the flooding is easing in Queensland and the clean up has begun. It's been heart-warming to see people pulling together and the help that's poured in from everywhere.

titaniumed
01-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Ti Ed might have some ideas for the shirt. Or actually a million.

How about a t-shirt with this printed on the front and under,909 the words "My other scoliosis brace"

That was pretty bad... I know
Ed

titaniumed
01-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Good. This is the adult section...That was close!
Ed

Pooka1
01-14-2011, 06:05 PM
How about a t-shirt with this printed on the front and under,909 the words "My other scoliosis brace"

Ed

Well, it might represent a return to wearing "regular" clothes and having them fit correctly... if you were in Madonna's Blond Ambition tour... (smiley face)

foofer
01-14-2011, 06:17 PM

Ed

No, it was good. I would vote for it.

Elisa
01-14-2011, 06:30 PM
how about one with a big long zipper down the back?

jess

Haha Jess, that's cute. =D

titaniumed
01-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Blonde ambition tour. Ok. I had no idea. I thought that was part of the Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction. As you can see, I dont pay too much attention to this kind of stuff.

That bra came out, and uh, kinda locks up the male brain. Now, thats one the brain scientists will never EVER figure out....

I will try to think of something more wholesome. Here we go.
Ed

Pooka1
01-14-2011, 07:50 PM
I disagree with cold kittehs!

Hey Ti Ed, is your brain still locked up from this post I posted for you?

(lower left)

http://www.engineeringhumor.com/Cartoons.html

titaniumed
01-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Lol, I remember you posting the engineering humor site a few years ago...

Actually, I need to explain. When you are in recovery, freezing to death from all the meds, that is the look you have on your face.

I guess it would only be an inside joke for posties. If LaShawn is freezing, she would agree.

Ed

Confusedmom
01-15-2011, 08:51 PM
Not as "insider" maybe, but how about some of those names that have been thrown around before:

"Woman of Steel"

"Steel Magnolia"

or

"I'm going straight back home!"