Waist and Hip pain pre-op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waist and Hip pain pre-op

i have been reading through past post regarding hip pain. All i have found are post on hip pain after surgery.

My waist and hip pain has increased by 75% over the past month. it gets so bad that sitting, standing, laying any kind of way hurts. Walking is out of the question. when it comes on the pain goes from a 2 to 20 in minutes.

i told my doc about this and he said my center of gav is off.

has this happened to anyone else?
    LaShawn Hardy
    34 years old
    Sep 2010 C5-C6 fused
    36 degree curve Thoratic
    Lumbar natural fusion
    Surgery Date 1/31/2011
    T2-L1
    Dr. Herkowitz
    Heart Condition and Bleeding Disorder
    hoping they don't reschedule my surgery again

hi LaShawn
    i have a lot of pain in waist area and in hips...
    in my case, some is caused by degenerative disc disease...(disc pain is awful!!)...some is caused by spinal stenosis, some from sciatica, left side, from hip to ankle (something is pressing on a nerve in my spine somewhere and is causing sciatica down left leg)..and some from my scoli curves...

i think a good surgeon can often figure out what may be causing what in terms of pain...
    then, there is usually twice options...treating the symptoms...or treating the cause(s)
    i think you are being smart with having surgery that will address the cause of your pain.

jess

Comment

I had right leg and hip pain before surgery.That was one of the reasons I had the surgery when I did could not handle the pain anymore plus I was maxed out on 5/500 vicodin 8 per day.
      Aug.17,09 Anterior
      Aug.20,09 Posterior
      Fused T-10 to Sacral Pelvis
      Cedars-Sinai
      Dr.Pashman

Sheri 47 years young
      Husband married 30 years
      3 kids 29,28,25
      4 grandkids 10,8,5,3

Comment

Waist, as in all the way around??
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

re:

no just the back from left to right hip
          LaShawn Hardy
          34 years old
          Sep 2010 C5-C6 fused
          36 degree curve Thoratic
          Lumbar natural fusion
          Surgery Date 1/31/2011
          T2-L1
          Dr. Herkowitz

Comment

do you have any disc damage, LaShawn?

jess

Comment

yes, i had 2 replaced in my neck. and I have a handful in my lumbar area. i guess they are not too bad because my surgeon has not said anything. the ones in my neck were really bad. they said if i fell for was in a car accident i could have ended up with no feeling below the neck.

update:

i went to the doc today and they said we have to wait until after the surgery to see if they need to do something about my waist pain. they seem to think it will be corrected after surgery. i think so also. they game me ambien to help me relax and sleep longer at night.

i was in so much pain at the doc office i could not hold the tears back. i will be so glad when i can look back on all of this and laugh.
              LaShawn Hardy
              34 years old
              Sep 2010 C5-C6 fused
              36 degree curve Thoratic
              Lumbar natural fusion
              Surgery Date 1/31/2011
              T2-L1
              Dr. Herkowitz

Comment

Your day will come LaShawn. Hang in there, not long to go.
                Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Ambien

UPDATE:

i was given and tried Ambien last night. OMG! it worked sooo good. i had a goodnight sleep. BUT, then... I woke up a 3am in screaming pain. scared the heck out of my hubby. I missed 2 doses of my pain meds Oxy. and woke up in pain. I could not move, it felt like my spine was being ripped out my back and my rib pain was so bad it hurt to breath. I cried for a moment until i realized crying increased my pain.

I took 2 oxy's and tried to lay as still and as stiff as i could. i prayed with my rosary in my hands for the pain to go away. i spent most of today dizzy and nauseous.

all i wanted was something to help me sleep/relax. doc said valum is too addictive. i don't want to take anymore ambiens eek.

i guess i will try the muscle relaxers at night to see if that will help.*this was the doc second option.
                  LaShawn Hardy
                  34 years old
                  Sep 2010 C5-C6 fused
                  36 degree curve Thoratic
                  Lumbar natural fusion
                  Surgery Date 1/31/2011
                  T2-L1
                  Dr. Herkowitz

Comment

Working...