nucynta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nucynta

i do not understand some meds...this is one of them...
    it does not relieve much of my pain...
    tramadol never did either...is that the same as "ultram"?

i just do not get why some do not work for me...when i read others on forum saying how well those meds work for them...?
    fentanyl is another...hated it...

anyway, if anybody out there had the same NON experience with any of those meds...could you please tell me...?

thanks for any reply...
    jess

No response to medication

Recent research has suggested that response to any medication is genetically modulated. An example: redheads require double the amount of anesthetic and a specific gene has been located. This is also true with NSAIDS, blood pressure medications and blood thinners.
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

thanks, Karen...
      interesting...
      it is so strange to me that some find meds "so strong" or "work so well" while i sit and stare at the prescription bottle shaking my head...

it is good that some still help me...hydrocodone and oxy are still the ones that work...

jess

Comment

Tramadol/Ultram doesn't work so well for me either. It's supposedly the "next step up" from Cocodamol (a drug we have in the UK, that contains 30mg of codeine with 500mg of paracetamol) but its effects aren't any better than that. Some of my friends swear by it though!

Comment

i know, tonibunny!

it is always baffling to me...but i am grateful that hyrdrocodone and oxy work for me...the fact that ultram works for anybody just points to how very each person has their own unique physical make up...
          i can tolerate pills...but can barely drink half of one alcoholic drink!
          and i know folks who are just the opposite on that...

jess

Comment

I had the same reaction to nucynta vicodin and pain patches (lidoderm) work well for me however I have to take a pill and a half most days to get relief. Seeing Dr. Errico on Thursday....think Im gonna just bite the bullet and get this done. Im shrinking terribly and caving in on the right side way more noticeably. I'll let you know how it goes!

sarah
            Sarahcant
            Surgery March 15
            Dr. Errico NYU
            Fused T-3 to S-1
            an inch and change taller
            nice and straight
            49 years old (yikes)

Comment

Working...
            X