PDA

View Full Version : Freezing!!!

jsully
12-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Hello all. My first surgery was in June and now my revision is in Dec. It has been unseasonably cold and I find it much harder to tolerate this pain when I am cold. I walk around the house and winter jacket and use a heated throw everywhere I go. This is miserable. I feel for you who even live in colder climates.
Janet

titaniumed
12-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Hi Janet

I know what you mean...I froze for months.

If I had to do it again, I would schedule a June surgery.

Hope things are fine with your spine....
Ed

kennedy
12-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Hi Janet
i now what you mean
i froze or months to even during the summer months

JenM
12-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Janet-

I had my surgery in June and I was freezing all summer long. I remember for weeks in July/August the temperature was in the nineties and I would walk around with a fleece sweatshirt and sweatpants plus a robe in my house because I was so cold!!! My mom thought I was crazy. I couldn't even imagine having a December surgery!! Hope you are feeling better.

JenM

JenniferG
12-30-2010, 12:30 AM
My surgery was in March - our Autumn. I felt the cold far more that first Winter but last Winter my sensitivity seemed to have gone.

I feel for you who live in much colder climates, especially that first Winter.

lisanicole
12-30-2010, 03:16 PM
I had my surgery quite some time ago, but it was in November and I live in Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA where winter temperatures get down to -50*C (celsius)! I used to always be the one that never dressed warm enough for winter, and was just never really cold but let me tell ya, once I had my surgery it was like the hardware transmitted the cold directly into your core (sounds crazy & I know it's not the case - but that's what it feels like).

I have some arthritis since my surgery and it's always worse in the cold weather! Today is no exception ( -20 something) Brrrr!

Stay warm! xo

ShariMSU
12-30-2010, 03:44 PM
My surgery was 8 months ago. I live in Michigan and this winter is worse than ever. I am cold all the time! I think every Christmas present I received had to do with keeping me warm. The best is an outdoor vest that has heating element in it. So when we walk to MSU basketball or tailgate (this season is over) this vest will be awesome. I wear many layers even in the house.
I think surgery in the cold months would be tough as your body is even weaker. I am hoping my body toughens up by next winter.

Nitram
12-31-2010, 04:00 PM
My surgery was back in March and I'm still freezing any time its the least bit chilly...its looking like I need to move further south if this continues!! :-)

Rich

titaniumed
01-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Lisa,

You would think that living up in Edmonton with –50 degree temps they would install the “winter option” for scolis. That would be similar to an electric barbeque starter that you plug in, you know, with the element that glows orange. Our hardware would be our element. You could simply just plug in, and turn the setting up, we would have our very own thermostat. Digital, of course! Just think how much you would save on the heating bill. lol

Ed

Doodles
01-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Hey, Ed,
That's a great one! That invention made me feel warmer just reading about it. If somehow we could get the hardware to also glow in the dark...we could be quite the conversation piece. Janet

fashionista
01-05-2011, 01:00 AM
pardon my question, what cause body temp low? the pain medications?