Happy Holidays and Blessed New Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Holidays and Blessed New Year

Thank you everyone for your posts and answers .I feel encouraged to see that we all have our trials but in the end it sounds as if I did the right thing by having the surgery .I will keep positive and hope for a healthier and happier new year...and the same to all of you

ps I got on the floor w/ my grandsons on Christmas ,what a joy!!! (I got up too LOL )
    51 yo
    dx 13 never braced
    DJD and osteoporosis ,Fx ribs 10/09(from osteo) downhill since,vertebral slippage w/ nerve damage and rotation
    Surgery 08/09/10 T1-S1 decomp,fusion w/ instrumentaion
    Sacral/pelvic fixation + 4 osteotomies and dura repair
    C 20 degrees to 4 degrees
    T 57 degrees to 15 degrees
    L 38 degrees to 5 degrees

I think the forum has helped me realize that I need to not get discouraged during the recovery period and that most setbacks are temporary. I am planning to post a few quotes from David Wolpert's book this week, so if I feel a little down some days it might help. I really want to have a positive attitude.
    Best wishes to all of you in the new year.
    Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
    Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
    70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
    Rib Hump-GONE!
    Age-60 at the time of surgery
    Now 66
    Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
    Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
    Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
    Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
    tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
    http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Originally posted by boopy1 View Post
      Thank you everyone for your posts and answers .I feel encouraged to see that we all have our trials but in the end it sounds as if I did the right thing by having the surgery .I will keep positive and hope for a healthier and happier new year...and the same to all of you

ps I got on the floor w/ my grandsons on Christmas ,what a joy!!! (I got up too LOL )
      Booby,
      Lol, your post made me laugh! I got on the floor with my grandson on Christmas morning too! And had so much fun...Thanks for the positive message ;-)))
      P.S. I got up too...
      May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

hope you had a happy holiday and have a really nice new year
        Kara
        Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
        Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
        T4-L2
        Before 50T
        After 20T

Comment

Working...
        X