Booked it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booked it!

Well I just booked my surgery - March 30, 2011 at Hospital for Joint Diseases with Dr. Baron Lonner. Pre-op appointment to ask a ton of questions is Jan. 17th. Now, WHAT THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO ASK HIM AGAIN???? Needless to say I am freaking out just a bit =O
    Cathy
    2 sons, one Syracuse University graduate (working for the Mets now), one college sophomore, one great husband and two fabulous cats
    54 years old March 5
    AIS 45 degrees Thoracic at 14, Milwaukee brace for one year in 1977 then in 2012 I found Dr. Baron Lonner ❤️
    Surgery April 8 2015
    Presurgical curves T77 L66
    Post surgical T27 L22
    Fused T3-S1 pelvic fixation, osteotomies and all the other stuff but you know what? It's done...

I am so nervous - and yet oddly excited
    That's how I feel and I'm just taking my son for a consultation not even surgery. I hope all goes well at your pre-op appointment and I'm not sure what questions you're supposed to ask but I'm sure others will know who've already been there.
    Son 14 y/o diagnosed January 20th. 2011 with 110* Curve
    Halo Traction & 1st. surgery on March 22nd. 2011
    Spinal Fusion on April 19th. 2011

Dr. Krajbich @ Shriners Childrens Hospital, Portland Oregon

http://tinyurl.com/Elias-Before
    http://tinyurl.com/Elias-After

Comment

hey Cath
      Dr L has been following me for six years now...just waiting for me to pick up the phone and book my surgery too!

i love him...he is super! you might want to write to Admoul (Anne) here on forum...do a search on top of the page...and you will see she had partial minimally invasive approach with Dr Lonner....and feels good now...back to her job and all...

i agreed with doc to do minimally invasive as well...T11-pelvis (though i need T4-pelvis)...but am just not ready...however, i looked at the back view of my waist with a mirror...it looks like all the pre op waists on forum!

best of luck
      you'll be in great...and talented...hands!
      jess

Comment

The most nerving part is before and I think that it is normal to freak a bit!! That is how I was and I remember wishing that it could just be over with instead of thinking about it for so long! Good luck to you
        Heidi
        35 year old mother of 2 lil girls
        60 degree thoracic
        44 degree lumbar
        Oct. 11, 2010 surgery
        Dr. Lenke St. Louis
        1 year follow up: 15 degree thoracic, 22 lumbar
        fused T1 to L1

Comment

Originally posted by Heidiv2 View Post
          The most nerving part is before and I think that it is normal to freak a bit!! That is how I was and I remember wishing that it could just be over with instead of thinking about it for so long! Good luck to you
          I agree with Heidi totally. The waiting is what gets you

Melissa

Comment

Working...
          X