PDA

View Full Version : pre-op today

mbeckoff
12-23-2010, 06:48 AM
I am going today , Thursday ,for my pre-op for my neck surgery. Hopefully it will go well and that they will not find anything new for me to worry about

Melissa

jrnyc
12-23-2010, 07:19 AM
good luck, Melissa..i sure hope it goes well....you have been thru enough!

are you still in such great pain...?
have you seen the surgeon who did your back surgery lately...is it the same one who will operate on your neck...?

jess

mbeckoff
12-23-2010, 09:54 AM
good luck, Melissa..i sure hope it goes well....you have been thru enough!

are you still in such great pain...?
have you seen the surgeon who did your back surgery lately...is it the same one who will operate on your neck...?

jess

Thanks Jess for asking.

Well I did not get there today after all. I did not feel up to driving this morning so I went back to bed . I did not get up until 10:30 and since my appt was 10:45 and Charlotte is a 1 and half hours away...

I am still in so much pain. I cannot stand more than 10-15 minutes without having to sit down. I really wanted to bake this Christmas season and couldn't because I cannot stand for too long.Yes he is the same surgeon that did my back but I went for a second opinion to a another spine doctor in Charlotte and he agreed that the neck surgery was the way to go . So hopefully, at least, I will get some pain relief for my neck and shoulder.

Have a merry Christmas

Melissa

JenniferG
12-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Hi Melissa. When is your surgery? I'm sorry I've forgotten the exact date, but I think it's next week?

I just wanted to wish you all the very best with this surgery. I'm glad you have had two opinions match, it must give you confidence that this is what is necessary. You've suffered so badly, I truly hope this is what it takes to rid you of pain and allow you to do the things that have become so restricted since your first surgery.

Best of luck and hope your recovery is a smooth road.

jrnyc
12-23-2010, 03:58 PM
i am so sorry, Melissa that you felt so bad this morning...i hope and pray things will improve...
i am wondering about this surgery...i am just concerned that you might need revision for your spine...are you completely sure to go thru with the neck surgery first...?

you will stay in my thoughts and prayers til you're improved...

jess

debbei
12-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Good luck Melissa, I hope things work out perfectly for you.

mbeckoff
12-24-2010, 07:17 AM
Hi Melissa. When is your surgery? I'm sorry I've forgotten the exact date, but I think it's next week?

I just wanted to wish you all the very best with this surgery. I'm glad you have had two opinions match, it must give you confidence that this is what is necessary. You've suffered so badly, I truly hope this is what it takes to rid you of pain and allow you to do the things that have become so restricted since your first surgery.

Best of luck and hope your recovery is a smooth road.

Thanks for good wishes. My surgery is scheduled for January 13, 2011.

Melissa

mbeckoff
12-24-2010, 07:19 AM
i am so sorry, Melissa that you felt so bad this morning...i hope and pray things will improve...
i am wondering about this surgery...i am just concerned that you might need revision for your spine...are you completely sure to go thru with the neck surgery first...?

you will stay in my thoughts and prayers til you're improved...

jess

Thank Jess for your concern. My surgeon will not re operate on my spine, in any case, until I am been 18 months post -op. That is the end of 2011. I am hoping that this surgery will give me some relief.

Melissa

Confusedmom
12-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi Melissa,
I have been following you since the beginning, and I will be rooting for you! I pray this will give you relief. Are you confident in your surgeon? I just want to
make sure you are in the best hands since you've been through so
much. Keep us posted, and best wishes!

Evelyn

jrnyc
12-26-2010, 11:56 AM
i understand...

you will be in my thoughts and prayers for this needed surgery...you are due some relief, Melissa...it has been so much, for so long...i am praying for a better 2011 for you!! i know there are better days ahead, down the road...
am hoping this surgery brings you some relief, too!

jess

mbeckoff
01-05-2011, 10:58 AM
I finally got my act together and a friend to drive me and off we went to Charlotte for my pre-op appointment for my neck surgery next Thursday. Some of you will remember that when I went for my pre-op for my scoliosis surgery last March, I got a big surprise .I learned that I am a diabetic. Totally out of the blue. So I go yesterday and the nurses asks me what I am allergic to. I told her Penicillin. She replies, what about latex gloves, latex tape and dye. I said not that I know of. Well, it turns out that I know am allergic to latex gloves, latex tape and dye. Hoping that that will be the only surprise that I get this time

Melissa

cherrylips
01-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Hey Melissa :) All the best for your surgery next week. I'll be praying for you and hope you have a speedy recovery. Im sure you'll be pain free after this op. Just remember that you are in good hands. Doctors know what they're doing nowadays. So dont worry :)

Besh wishes

--------------------
19 year old, female
T18 (2003)
T38 developed a L36 (2005)
Wore a Boston brace for 2 years
T40, L20 (2007)
T48, L20 (2010)
Progressed

JenniferG
01-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Hi Melissa. You are due some really good luck! Did they say what they use if not latex?

Doodles
01-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Melissa,
You've had a long painful journey. I wish you all the best for your neck surgery next week. I certainly hope this is the answer for you. Prayers and positive thoughts for you! Janet

mbeckoff
01-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Hi Melissa. You are due some really good luck! Did they say what they use if not latex?

No, she just wrote it in big red letters on the top of my chart

Thanks I need good luck

mbeckoff
01-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Melissa,
You've had a long painful journey. I wish you all the best for your neck surgery next week. I certainly hope this is the answer for you. Prayers and positive thoughts for you! Janet

Thanks for the prayers

I can use them

Melissa

loves to skate
01-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Good luck Melissa. Don't worry about the latex. I am allergic to latex and there are many substitutes for latex such as nitrile and many plastics. A lot of hospitals are latex free because so many people are allergic to latex. I hope your surgery goes well and you can be pain free.
Sally

Confusedmom
01-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Best wishes, Melissa! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you. Post as soon as you are able!

Evelyn

mbeckoff
01-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Thanks so much for all of your best wishes. I was just totally surprised about it as no one ever mentioned it to me

Melissa

LisaB
01-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Hey Melissa - Good luck with the neck surgery. Hope that fixes everything and you finally get some relief! You really deserve a break!

jrnyc
01-05-2011, 08:36 PM
well, since you have the allergy, thank goodness they found it before more surgery!!!!
that's all you'd need....to deal with an allergic reaction while dealing with recovery from another surgery!!

thoughts and prayers will be with you for this surgery, Melissa, and until you are feeling better.

jess

mbeckoff
01-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Thanks so much for everyone's good wishes
Hope all goes well next week
Melissa