PDA

View Full Version : fusion for "the Hulk"

jrnyc
12-22-2010, 06:36 PM
wasn't sure where to put this...if it is inappropriate, i'll remove it...

first a Saudi king came to the States for back surgery...now it is reported that "Hulk "Hogan" just had 10 hours of fusion surgery on his spine! i would love if "the Hulk" gave some publicity...positive publicity...to people with spinal fusion!

anyway, i'll delete this if it doesn't belong here...

jess

mariaf
12-23-2010, 06:24 AM
I can't imagine why it wouldn't belong here, Jess.

IMHO, it is always good for people with any condition to hear about others, particularly people who are well-known, with the same condition - makes one feel less alone :-)

And I agree, it would be great if "the hulk" went public to support others who have had fusion and those with spine issues in general. There sure are a lot of folks it could benefit.

jrnyc
12-23-2010, 07:22 AM
thanks...
glad you agree that it could be helpful to have a celebrity type person speak about the experience of such surgery...

jess

JamieAnn
12-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Other people are posting about oral surgery, so I think this is certainly appropriate!

It's good to know!! :) Thanks for sharing.

jrnyc
12-23-2010, 10:04 AM
you're very welcome...

since it was 10 hours, i am hoping it was a long surgery...
no celebrities that i know of have really gone into any detail about what recovery is like...
there is Guiliana Rancic, but she talks generaally about it, no specifics...
same for that girl in "The Secret Life of the American Teenager," forgot her name...no specifics...
am hoping Hulk goes on and on about it...how tough it is, how much pain, etc...

jess

mbeckoff
12-24-2010, 07:28 AM
Jess, where did you see the news about The Hulk? When I goggled it , all the news were in sports and celebrity sites. I did not see anything in mainstream news sites

Melissa

loves to skate
12-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Jess, where did you see the news about The Hulk? When I goggled it , all the news were in sports and celebrity sites. I did not see anything in mainstream news sites

Melissa

Melissa, Google Hulk Hogan, back surgery. It is from injury, not scoliosis though.
Sally

jrnyc
12-24-2010, 03:05 PM
i saw it on Yahoo news...i know it is not from scoliosis...but fusion surgery is rarely in the news...so i was glad to see it there, regardless of why...

jess

mamamax
12-24-2010, 03:40 PM
I found this: http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/06/hulk-hogan-back-surgery-pain-wrestling-spinal-chord/

I've met him - we live in the same area of Florida. He really is a very friendly man (much better looking in person too). Instead of autographs he has been known to create message greetings on people's cell phones!

I hope he is doing better than the article above indicated.

jrnyc
12-24-2010, 04:19 PM
the article referenced is from 10/7/2010...the news i referred to is from 12/2010...for 10 hours of spinal fusion...which is a lot different than just what he had done in October...

i hope there is news soon of how he is recovering from his 10 hours of surgery!

jess

debbei
12-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Sure, it belongs here. Who knows, maybe he is reading our site for support! :)