Psychiatrist appts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychiatrist appts

well every one tommrrow i have a Psychiatrist appt with my Psychiatrist who works in the bay area. I whoulding should i tell him i had scoliosis surgery or not
    Kara
    Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
    Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
    T4-L2
    Before 50T
    After 20T

I hope the appointments are helpful to you! Obviously there is no "one" right answer, but it seems to me that the fact that you are wondering if you should tell him, means that the experience is significant enough (no surprise) that you should tell him. Good luck!
    daughter, 12, diagnosed 8/07 with 19T/13L
    -Braced in spinecor 10/07 - 8/12 with excellent in brace correction and stable/slightly decreased out of brace curves.
    -Introduced Providence brace as adjunct at night in 11/2011 in anticipation of growth spurt. Curves still stable.
    -Currently in Boston Brace. Growth spurt is here and curves (and rotation) have increased to 23T/17L

Comment

hi Kara
      don't see any reason why not...and it was major surgery, which has an effect on everyone who experiences it...so it might help to let him know...

jess

Comment

off topic,

Jess,

how are you doing? Surgery date yet? What happen with Dr. Anand?

rich

Comment

Rich...am sending you a private message...

Kara...i should tell you that i am a retired licensed social worker...and if a patient of mine had surgery, as a social worker i'd want to know about it...anything that has an impact on the physical or mental health of a person is of interest to any therapist...

jess

Comment

I think you are supposed to be honest with these psychiatrist types in order for the therapy to work, yes?

Good luck, Kara. You'll figure it out.
            Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
            Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

well i going to tell him tommrrow
              Kara
              Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
              Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
              T4-L2
              Before 50T
              After 20T

Comment

Working...