PDA

View Full Version : LaurieAnne, good luck on Monday

rich1752
12-09-2010, 11:24 PM
I see that you have your surgery on Monday. Just want to wish you good luck and prayers. Today is my one year anniversary and still can't believe that a year has gone by. It feels like it is my birthday. My wife and kids celebrated today. It's a big step, but you will see that time will go bye quick.

rich

Doodles
12-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Laurie Ann--Hope you got my PM. It seemed the site was working a little differently but seemed to have sent. Hope you are hanging in there, taking slow deep breaths, and thinking very positive thoughts. You will do great! Janet

JenniferG
12-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Wishing you a successful surgery and the smoothest possible recovery!

Rich, Happy One Year Anniversary! You deserve to celebrate. You know, the improvements will continue into the second year, amazingly.

golfnut
12-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Good luck, LaurieAnne. You'll do great.

Elisa
12-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Best wishes to you and hope you have a speedy recovery.

LaurieAnne
12-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Thank you ALL for the well wishes, positive thoughts, and prayers :) I am a little nervous and anxious but not horribly bad. I have my central line in and that's been a bit rough. Shoulder's been sore and where they put it in and sutured it it's itching a lot. It's covered and taped up so I can't see it. Hopefully the itching isn't a bad sign. I will try to have one of my family members post for me Monday or Tuesday to let you all know how things are going. I hope to be able to post myself Tuesday or Wednesday. Thanks again for all your encouragement and advice. This forum has been such a tremendous blessing!

jrnyc
12-12-2010, 12:20 AM
hi LaurieAnn
wishing you a smooth operation, uneventful recovery, and a healthier, happier, pain free New Year!

jess

peachrush7
12-12-2010, 12:55 PM
blessings for your surgery tomorrow! i'm following close behind, in two weeks! hope everything goes smoothly and there are no complications. we'll be waiting to hear from you!

nanlo
12-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Good luck tomorrow, LaurieAnne! I will be thinking of you all day long. My central line was super itchy too - maybe it was the tape... but not a problem after surgery - I guess I had other things to think about!
Re the pain... for me, it varied w/ how close I was to getting the next dose of medicine. I always got a little shaky when it was almost time for the next pain meds. It was hard for me to keep track of when I was due for the next ones - you will probably be on a couple of different ones, with different dose times. I needed my husband to write it down and keep track because I was pretty loopy immediately after surgery. I also did have a problem w/ nausea - I hope that you don't... but it went away after a couple of days about the same time I was allowed to start my liquid diet. It was easy to do the "logrolling" in and out of bed. They'll work w/ you - no worries. As for my bed, I needed an extra foam topper on my side - I needed all the cushiness I could get to absorb the achiness of the hardware. Happy to say that now I am 15 weeks out, and although I am "aware" of the hardware in there, it is mostly not uncomfortable.
You are in great hands... I'll say a prayer for you and Dr Lenke too (my hero)
Nancy

fashionista
12-17-2010, 03:18 AM
hope you have a smooth recovery !!!