PDA

View Full Version : Back to Work!

naptown78
12-08-2010, 05:51 PM
I started back to work this week after almost 9 months off after my revision surgery...This is a new job for me working as a nurse in a very busy doctors office and I was a little worried how my back was going to hold up (and my energy level!) during a full day at work after all that time off. Well, I am so pleased to report that I can work an entire full day and not even think of my back at all!!!!! As a matter of fact, the only time I have felt any twinges of discomfort are when I walk out into the bitterly cold weather and my back muscles tighten up around my rods. Yippee!

jrnyc
12-08-2010, 05:55 PM
congratulations, Kristy...it's been a long time for you!! you deserve a life free of pain...and the ability to finally forget about your spine!
enjoy!

jess

Confusedmom
12-08-2010, 06:48 PM
That's great news, Kristy! So glad to hear it!!!

Evelyn

Elisa
12-08-2010, 06:59 PM
I think it's great that you are getting back to work. I know for me, my job means a lot to me and keeps me (somewhat) sane.

JenniferG
12-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Congratulations Kristy. This is what we all hope for. Enjoy your new life!

debbei
12-09-2010, 05:59 AM
Congratulations Kristy!

I agree with you on the cold. If I get so cold that I shiver, then I get horrible back spasms the next day. To combat this, last winter I bought the heaviest coat I could find from Land's End (a long one down to my knees). If I can make sure that I don't shiver, the I don't get that HORRIBLE pain!

golfnut
12-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Congratulations! I'm glad you are doing well!

Susie*Bee
01-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Whoo hoo, Kristy! Great news!!! :D

boopy1
01-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Great news! I am also a nurse ans was wondering if I'll ever go back,really miss it. You just gave me a pick up...Thanks
Donna

LisaB
01-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Kristy- that's great! What kind of docs are you working for? I was telling Evelyn we need to get a hold of you for lunch again. We can always meet near your office when you think the time is right!

leahdragonfly
01-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi Kristy,

That is great news and I'm glad to hear you are doing so well.

I start back to work next week, which will be 14 weeks post-op for me. I am a nurse also. I've had an extreme amount of aggravation this week battling with my evil HR department who is threatening to terminate me because they don't want to set any precedent by allowing me back with "such long restrictions."--that's 10 weeks worth of restrictions. Fortunately my department wants me back, doesn't mind at all about the restrictions, and will protect me as long as needed. Sorry to rant!

Good luck, Kristy, you are definitely an inspiration to all who have complicated surgeries or are facing revisions.

Gayle

naptown78
01-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Hmmm....I sure have noticed the high incidence of scoliosis among nurses on this forum. What's with that?
To update...I have been working full time now for a month and a half, on my feet and walking constantly. My back does not bother me in the least. I continue to improve...now if only people would know not to slap me on the back, that still hurts!

leahdragonfly
01-15-2011, 09:20 AM
Funny you should mention about being slapped on the back--I went to visit my work friends a few weeks ago, and I got numerous slaps on the back (which is still somewhat tender). Then they all say OMG I am so sorry, I don't know why I slapped your back! Duh.