Released from Surgeons Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Released from Surgeons Care

Hi all, I had my 18 month checkup today. I should have been released from his care on June 1st this year, but as some of you may recall, i had bad hip/back pain and therefore he didn't release me at the time. My past xrays have always only been of the fused area, but today i had the full spine done. I am happy to report that everything looks really, really good.Nice fusion, straight spine (thoracic curve corrected itself) and no hint of de-generation of the levels above or below the fusion. All in all, both the surgeon and i are very happy with the outcome and he has now released me from his care. I can call him anytime if i have any questions or concerns, but i dont need any more followup appts. I filled out my post surgery outcome form, shook his hand and thanked him ever so much for releasing me from my pain. Words cannot express my Joy.
    To celebrate, I will attend the Guns & Roses concert - since the whole family is going!
    Vali
    44 years young! now 45
    Surgery - June 1st, 2009
    Dr David Hall - Adelaide Spine Clinic
    St. Andrews Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
    Pre-op curve - 58 degree lumbar
    Post -op - 5 degrees
    T11 - S1 Posterior
    L4/5 - L5/S1 Anterior Fusion

Congratulations Vali! especially for being out of pain!!
    what a great job your surgeon did...and you as wel!
    enjoy the concert!

jess

Comment

Congratulations Vali!

I hope you enjoyed your celebration at the concert!

It's great to hear you're 100% and you can say goodbye to the doctor who made you that way. I remember that "words can't express my gratitude" feeling, shaking hands for the last time.
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Working...
      X