No announcement yet.

9 Weeks Post-Op and numbness is fading!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 Weeks Post-Op and numbness is fading!

Hi Everyone!

I am 9 weeks post op today and returned to work yesterday! I am feeling good, although I can tell that my back is "confused" and feeling it a bit from all the walking around and wearing heels again .

The feeling is coming back in the main fusion area, the same area that was completely numb since surgery. It is still a bit numb but I am feeling like the muscles are "moving around" in there. I suppose that is just them "working" again?? Anyone feel this?

I also had pinching in that area the past few days. I hope this is all normal. I'm also assuming that unless I feel severe pain the hardware should be in tact. I still haven't had xrays since surgery, and am due to get them on 1/5.

Thanks everyone!
    Jamie

My DD reported this as the healing process continued. Her incision site stayed numb for a long time, but places on and near would come back slowly. Nothing that bothered her or she complained about just different feeling.

She is now approaching 10 months post op and no numbness or pain anywhere - in fact she showed me her scar the other day because it's now hardly visible

Dee
    Dee - Mother of two daughters, both with scoliosis KateScoliKid (16yo) 52* Lumbar curve
    Fusion Surgery 2/9/10 T-11->L-3 @CHKD Norfolk VA
    Jes (20yo) T 3 -> L 3 w/ Kyphosis

Comment

Right - it's just weird to have movement in that area!

That's great that her scar looks so good! Mine looks great but is still dark - I'm sure that will fade in time!

Comment

Jamie Ann,
        I am 7 wks out and am having the sensations of "movement" in the main fusion area as well. I don't wear heels but have also had the "pinching" sensations at times since I have returned to work. Mainly at the top and bottom of the fusion it seems. I still have numbness but can tell that feeling is coming back a little more each day. My biggest relavation is sitting in my desk chair and my back actually fitting in it. Reminding myself to sit in it properly sure helps with tension. Wonder what that "pinching" is? I don't go back for x rays until 12/15/2010. I fell last week on ice and the doc office said unless extreme pain, no need for xrays, that screws and hardware in in there really good. Here's to hoping they are right
        Heidi
        35 year old mother of 2 lil girls
        60 degree thoracic
        44 degree lumbar
        Oct. 11, 2010 surgery
        Dr. Lenke St. Louis
        1 year follow up: 15 degree thoracic, 22 lumbar
        fused T1 to L1

Comment

Hi Again,

Heidi (and others) do you feel as the numbness fades in addition to pinching you feel more pain in that area? I never felt pain at all in this area, and now that I'm back to work and the numbness is going away, I feel sore there. No where else on my back feels sore, just in the center of the fusion area. It's not severe pain, I'm just aware of it.

Anyway if it gets worse I will call the doc, I am just sort of comparing notes!

Thanks

Comment

Same here Jamie, now that the numbness is going away, I can feel more movement and soreness in there. Will probably go away to most degree as we're still healing
            Age 25 male
            Upstate NY
            T3-L3 fusion for 80's degrees kyphosis
            Anterior 9/21/10 & posterior 9/28/10
            Post op degrees soon to come

Comment

Working...
            X