Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Again

Hi Everyone,

Just returned home, 16 days post op. Spent 2 days in ICU, 2 1/2 days on orthopedic floor than transferred to HealthSouth for about 10 days of physical therapy (what a wonderful, professional, compassionate group there). My surgery was a total of 15 hours and Dr. said he was able to give me an 80% correction, which is phenomal from what I have heard for my age group. (57 years old). I have heard 40 % is about average.

I am ambulatory with a walker and considering what I have gone through quite independent. (Of course it was difficult for me to ask for help under any circumstances before, so I am going to have to grin and make a heck of an adjustment.) Well folks, would love to tell my long story but will save that for another day, still poop out pretty quick.

I just wanted to say Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes, I am sure they were instrumental to the success of my surgery and my recovery getting off to such a good start. For Now.

Love,
    SkiAnn
    Gayle

November 4, 2004, 57 yo
    Instrumented Spinal Fusion ~ T 10 -S1

Yay

Dear SkiAnn,

I'm so glad to hear you are home and getting about reasonably well! From what I read of others' recoveries, once you get to the three week mark, hopefully you will see little gains each day. 15 hours - wow! But it sounds like you got some great correction and had some supportive PT providers. Look after yourself as best you can and let us know how you are doing.

Wishing you all the very best as you recover, will keep you in thoughts and prayers ~Laura
    30y/o
    Upper curve around 55
    Lower curve around 35

Comment

HI SkiAnn!! Great to hear you're doing well! Sounds like you've made some really good progess so far. Keep up the great work!

Comment

Home again

Congratulations on getting home. I am fairly new to the forum. I will be having my surgery spring of next year, so when your energy is back up I would be interested in hearing more about your process. My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

Christine

Comment

Working...
        X