Reversing Scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reversing Scoliosis

I have been reading for the past hour a site where a guy tells his story of how he beated scoliosis. I contacted him and indeed he did all those exercises consistently and did beat scoliosis. I am going to start checking online the equiment and seriously think about doing them. All of what he stated makes sense. He is no doc so if anyone has any doubt should contact their personal doctor.
    The site: http://www.squidoo.com/reversingscoliosis

Overview - below are the exercises he states:
    - Isometrics
    - Swedish Exercise Ball
    - Inversion Table
    - Foam Roller
    - Foam Semicylinder
    - Tennis Ball
    - Practice Softball
    - Heat Pads

I went in depth about the inversion table, and WOW, anyone heard of it????? I am checking it on Amazon.com and seriously thinking of getting it.

Will this work for me? Will see and as soon as I start it I will post any update.
    Please fill free to comment on this and if you do also follow the exercises please do share your results.

That sounds great, especially if reversing your scoliosis by just 2 or 3 degrees sounds good to you I think it's quite reasonable that you might get a couple of degrees of improvement by building up muscles using a gym ball etc. Bear in mind that there is considered to be a margin of error of up to 5 degrees when measuring curves from x-rays.

I feel sorry for him, he was certainly very upset about his back even though his scoliosis was only 10-12 degrees to begin with. This is just about as small as scoliosis can get; anything under 10 degrees is classed as within the realms of normal, because it's rare for anyone to be completely straight.

It's great that he feels a lot better for doing exercise. I'm a fan of exercise for this reason! It makes me feel great

Comment

My second post today about the inversion table! I promise I'm not getting a commission

I use an inversion table and really enjoy it. It feels great, but I wouldn't assume that it is going to correct anything. My ortho recommended it (for pain relief only) because I had been going to a chiro who had a traction table, but that was starting to get expensive. The inversion table costs more in the short term, but if you get a lot of use out of it it's definitely worth it in my opinion.

But I know others have tried it with no results or it actually caused them pain so I would recommend trying one out before you buy. I actually went to a Relax The Back store and another local sports equipment store to test them, then bought the one I liked on Amazon because it was cheaper.
      1993, Age 13, 53* Right T Curve w/ Left L compensatory
      2010, Age 30, 63* or 68* (depending on the doc) Right T Curve w/ Left L compensatory

http://livingtwisted.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
      X