Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scoliosis and reversed kyphosis

HI,
    My name is Christine and I am new also to this forum. I wrote before giving the nature of my scoliosis history. Along with the scoliosis I have a reversal of the normal kyphosis in the thoracic region. What this means they tell me is that the back is curving in ward as well as rotating with the 57 degree thoracic scoliosis curve. This has increased the severity of the respiratory problems considerably where normally one has a lot longer to consider surgery I am being told that if I wait until it reaches 60 degrees or more the lungs may be too impaired for surgery. Has anyone dealt with this problem or know anything about the kyphosis. Most kyphosis is what gives people the hump back but mine is a forward kyphosis pressing to the front. Thank you for any information you can give me. I have surfed the net and can only find information about kypho-scoliosis that references the hump back or curve to the back. Nothing about the curve moving forward toward the breast plate. Surgery would invove de-rotating the spine, straightening the spine and pulling the spine out to a normal position to give space for the lungs and heart.

Thank you so much for your time! And it is so helpful reading everyone's story. I have learned a lot already.
    Christine

Hi Christine...

You should search on "thoracic lordosis." Kyphosis and lordosis actually refer to the type of curve, not the area of the spine. Kyphosis curves outward and lordosis curves inward.

Here's the results of a Google search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thank you Linda.

Sincerely,
      Christine

Comment

Working...
      X