New here and lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here and lost

I was recently diagnosed with scoliosis with serpentine curvature of the upper spine. I am 49 years old and no one had ever said anything about me having a curvature before. My doctor has not said what degree it is. My husband is in the military so trying to get in to see the doctor and get questions answered is a whole different matter. I have tried researching my curvature but can not find anything on it except from the 1800's.

Originally posted by tamm View Post
    I was recently diagnosed with scoliosis with serpentine curvature of the upper spine. I am 49 years old and no one had ever said anything about me having a curvature before. My doctor has not said what degree it is. My husband is in the military so trying to get in to see the doctor and get questions answered is a whole different matter. I have tried researching my curvature but can not find anything on it except from the 1800's.
    Try searching under "double thoracic curve."

Good luck.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Hi Tamm....

Who diagnosed it?

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
        Hi Tamm....

Who diagnosed it?

--Linda
        My primary care doctor. She had ordered initial x-rays when she noticed a curve and slight bulge and radiology requested that she do further x-rays.

Comment

Originally posted by tamm View Post
          My primary care doctor.
          That explains it.

You need a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in scoliosis.

Here's a list ...

http://srs.execinc.com/edibo/PublicDirectory

Good luck
          Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
          Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
          X