arm hurting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arm hurting

Since the operation nicole seems to be favoring one arm more and has been complaining that one of her arms feels weird. I really didn't think anything of it and just thought it was bothering her from her back, but i'm starting to get worried because it still bothers her. If you ask her to lift it she can move it up, down, etc., but she says that it feels weak. Should i call the dr.? My husband says not to worry but of course i am. Is this normal. I wouldn't worry as much if it was on the side that her ribs were removed but its the other side.
    jennifer

Jennifer,
    Amber went through a similar thing. Although it was her shoulder hurting, but it was the opposite side to the ribs that were done. Of course I panicked. We're parents we are supposed to. It turned out to be part of the healing process. Just an extra thing for you to worry about and Nicole to complain about. Tell her the warmth of the shower water will help the pain.
    Best wishes.
    Cheryl.

Comment

arm hurting

relief! Thanks for replying so quick. Of course another thing to worry about. Today is not such a great day for her. She seems to be in more pain than other days, but i guess there will be good days and bad days. Yesterday was such a good day i expected today to be even better. I am just getting a little impatient i guess wanting more improvement.
      jennifer

Comment

Jennifer,

I was going to ask the same thing Cheryl mentioned - is the weak arm on the side where the rib repair was done? If so, then the lack of movement in the muscles as she heals could cause a feeling of weakness. If it isn't on the same side as her rib repair, then I'd watch her to make sure it doesn't get worse. If it gets worse, then a call to the surgeon wouldn't be a bad idea. Good luck! Hopefully tomorrow is a better day than today.

My best,
        Carmell
        mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Working...
        X