PDA

View Full Version : Getting so nervous, tomorrow's my big day!

Sandie_76
11-03-2010, 08:14 AM
I can't thank you all enough, this forum, your insight, opinions, and your courage has taught me a lot, so thank you all! Once I'm able, I'll post updates. See you on the other side!

foofer
11-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Sandie,

Sending you hugs, prayers, best wishes, all good things...can't say enough!!!

Looking forward to hearing from you...

KathK
11-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Sandie!

I'll be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow! Just take this leap of faith and before you know it, you'll be out of the hospital and recovering well! Pinky-promise :)

Look forward to hearing from you on "the other side".

Sandie_76
11-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Thank you both for your thoughts and prayers!

Jacque's Mom
11-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Sandie, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Positive thoughts coming your way. Regards, LYNN

Susie*Bee
11-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Prayers and healing thoughts from me, too, Sandie. I'm looking forward to that first post from you! Hugs, Susie

leahdragonfly
11-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Dear Sandie,

Best wishes and positive thoughts coming your way for tomorrow. Before you know it you will be on the recovery side, then back home. The first few days you may not remember a whole lot. Remember later, after a week or so, moving and walking really do help ease the stiffness and aching muscles. Laying still is the enemy!

I had surgery 3 weeks ago, was scheduled as the same as yours basically, but ended up having to be T8-sacrum. I was warned this was possible so I was not entirely surprised, but it was due to other spine issues (instability). I am doing quite well considering all--I even went out trick or treating with my family on Halloween for over an hour and did fine. I am up and around quite a bit during the day and have been able to do very light housework (whoop-de-doo!) since last week, and can get my kids ready for bed each night. It makes me feel like I am at least helping to ease my dear sweet husband's burden of ALL the household chores right now.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow, and please, have a family member or friend update your family here if possible. We will be waiting to hear the good news.

Best,

Gayle

JenniferG
11-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Thinking of you tonight our time Sandie. I believe you've already been through the worst of it, and from tonight onwards, all you have to do is heal. Best wishes for a successful surgery and a smooth recovery.

lray
11-03-2010, 07:19 PM
I am wishing you the best and know you are in good hands. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

-Laurie

Doodles
11-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Sandie--
Best wishes tomorrow for a successful surgery and smooth recovery. Positive thoughts and prayers coming your way. Janet

LisaB
11-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Good luck tomorrow, Sandie! Sending good thoughts and Positive Karma your way! Before you know it you 'll be on the other side and on the road to recovery!!

kennedy
11-04-2010, 01:40 AM
Sandie I am wishing you the best and know you are in good hands. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Kara

Sandie_76
11-04-2010, 02:35 AM
Thank you all for your kind words, positive thoughts and prayers. I'm having a difficult time going to sleep tonight (as you can tell it's 12:35 am). Will hopefully have an update soon!

golfnut
11-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Sandie,
I'm thinking of you today and sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Best wishes for a smooth recovery.

Debra JGL
11-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Sandie, I wish you all the best. You're almost there! And soon you'll be in recovery. You'll be in my prayers tomorrow!

leahdragonfly
11-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Sandie,

I know right now you are sleeping through surgery, and I am sending positive thoughts to you and your family.

I will look forward to an update once surgery is over and you are on to recovery.

jeneemohler
11-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Hi Sandie!

I am glad that by now, you on the other side, and on your way to a new and improved YOU!! We are all here pulling for you. Please keep us updated on your journey. Hugs!! ;)

JenniferG
11-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Hope everything went well and you're comfortable during these very early hours of recovery. Keep your eye on that light at the end of the tunnel, Sandie!

Back-out
11-04-2010, 11:56 PM
Fare thee well, scoli-sister!
All best...:) :) :)