Hardware removal on Tues - a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware removal on Tues - a question

I didn't think to ask,and I can't find an answer in "search".

Will this incision be on top of my fusion scar, or to the side of it? Just curious.
    Fused T-3 to L-3, Aug 25
    Hardware removal surgery, Nov 2, 2010
    Fused T-10 to L-2, osteotomy, Feb 22, 2011

Hi...

They usually use the exact same location.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thanks, Linda!

I swear that I am more in "Nesting" mode now than whenever I was about to give birth. I am cleaning like crazy, moving through this house like the friggin' white tornado. By Tues, I am going to NEED to sleep all day.
      Fused T-3 to L-3, Aug 25
      Hardware removal surgery, Nov 2, 2010
      Fused T-10 to L-2, osteotomy, Feb 22, 2011

Comment

When the top portion of my rod was removed, they used the exact same location as Linda mentioned. It healed great, couldn't tell at all. All the best, LYNN
        1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
        2000 Partial Rod Removal
        2001 Right Scapular Resection
        12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
        06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

they use the same place as the fusion
          Kara
          Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
          Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
          T4-L2
          Before 50T
          After 20T

Comment

Working...
          X