PDA

View Full Version : Treatment with growth hormones

Carlos Alberto
10-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Hello

My name is Carlos Alberto and our family moved from Cuba to méxico to reach treatment for our daughter Lia Gabriela at Shriner Hospital for México Children. the surgeon indicated to our Gaby tratment with growth homones. I wish to hear your experiences with tha kind of treatment.

Best Regards Carlos Alberto

jillw
10-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Hello Carlos, Are the growth hormones supposed to help with scoliosis or is it for another reason? I wasn't familiar with the use of growth hormones in treating scoliosis - I'm wondering if it is something the folks in Shriners Mexico are researching. Does your daughter wear a brace also? Good luck

Carlos Alberto
10-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Hello Carlos, Are the growth hormones supposed to help with scoliosis or is it for another reason? I wasn't familiar with the use of growth hormones in treating scoliosis - I'm wondering if it is something the folks in Shriners Mexico are researching. Does your daughter wear a brace also? Good luck

As a matter of fact she need to grow and the endocrinological doctor indicated the treatmen with growth hormones. The spinal surgeon aproved that treatment. They will check her evolution toward an spinal surgery.

Is not a direct treatment for scoliosis.

I whish to know some similar experiences.