triggered security at airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triggered security at airport

I took my son to the Charlotte airport today as he was flying to Florida to visit my in-laws for the weekend. I got a gate pass to go with him . As we went thru security, I triggered it. I completely forget about my back,, although I don't know how as I am still in pain but better with the new meds. I guess that will be for the rest of my life.

Melissa

Originally posted by mbeckoff View Post
    I took my son to the Charlotte airport today as he was flying to Florida to visit my in-laws for the weekend. I got a gate pass to go with him . As we went thru security, I triggered it. I completely forget about my back,, although I don't know how as I am still in pain but better with the new meds. I guess that will be for the rest of my life.

Melissa
    Hi Melissa,

So how did the security people handle it? I've been through security quite a few times and never set alarms off. Although, it's always in the back of my mind.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Way to go, Melissa,

I think if I had my back fused with so much instrumentation and didn't set off the alarms at least once post-fusion, I would be disappointed! Although I guess it could get to be a nuisance.

I've been sorry to hear that you've been in so much pain. I've noticed several people on the forum with latent neck issues having more neck pain after the scoli surgery. I hope you find resolution...

Thinking about you and praying you will find a painfree existence and quiet airport alarms, now that you had that initial christening!
      Amy
      58 yrs old, diagnosed at 31, never braced
      Measured T-64, L-65 in 2009
      Measured T-57, L-56 in 2010, different doc
      2 lumbar levels spondylolisthesis
      Exercising to correct

Comment

Melissa,
        I've been on several airplane trips since my surgeries and I've set off the alarms every time! Nice way to get attention , huh? There is no way to avoid it, just allow for extra time.
        May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Did you have to provide any documentation or proof of your surgery or did they take your word for it?

Anne in PA
          Age 58
          Diagnosed at age 14, untreated, no problem until age 50
          T4 to sacrum fusion
          63 thoracic now 35, 92 lumbar now 53
          Dr. Baron Lonner, 2/2/10
          Am pain-free, balanced, happy & an inch taller !

Comment

Originally posted by ADMoul View Post
            Did you have to provide any documentation or proof of your surgery or did they take your word for it?
            If you set off the alarm , they just take you aside and pat you down, and run the hand wand over your entire body (after taking the time to find a female agent, lol). And , no you don't have to provide documentation, even if I had had my xrays, they would still do the whole procedure. Some airports have a booth that you can step into, that can "see" whats in there. That saves alot of time. There are alot of "bionic" people out there so it's nothing new for them ;-)
            May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Working...
            X