Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucker for metal?

Hi all,

I thought you would appreciate this. A little kitty got lost in our neighborhood. I took her in "for a few days" trying to find her owners. Discovered she has a medical wire in her jaw! Now I can't let it go. I put flyers out all over the place, posted her on all the humane society websites, Craig's List, etc. and even placed ads in the paper. Poor sweet thing. I will find her a home!!! I guess I'm just a sucker for creatures with metal implants! (Would keep her myself but I have two others and my husband is putting his foot down.)

Evelyn
    age 48
    80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
    Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
    Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
    Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
    Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Aw, she's so pretty.

I was just pondering the idea of a new kitty since there are telltale signs of a secret mouse about. Wish I lived closer..

I hope your husband loses this battle.
    Amy
    58 yrs old, diagnosed at 31, never braced
    Measured T-64, L-65 in 2009
    Measured T-57, L-56 in 2010, different doc
    2 lumbar levels spondylolisthesis
    Exercising to correct

Comment

Tell your husband...what's one more pet?

I did not want another pet, but recently acquired a cat. I have a full house already...husband, two teenagers, a dog (3 1/2 y.o. black lab), a 55 gallon tank of fish, a turtle and two perakeets, I did NOT need another pet! But, when my mom passed away and it looked like my brother wasn't going to take the cat, what could I do? We've had her for over two months now and she still stays upstairs away from the dog as much as possible but she is happy and healthy so I'm not really complaining.

Sometimes things are just meant to be.

Mary Lou
      Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

I also hope your husband loses this battle. The cat is very cute

Melissa

Comment

Originally posted by Confusedmom View Post
          Hi all,

(Would keep her myself but I have two others and my husband is putting his foot down.)

Evelyn
          Tell him to pick it up.
          Stephanie, age 56
          Diagnosed age 8
          Milwaukee brace 9 years, no further treatment, symptom free and clueless until my 40s that curves could progress.
          Thoracolumbar curve 39 degrees at age 17
          Now somewhere around 58 degrees thoracic, 70 degrees thoracolumbar
          Surgeon Dr. Michael S. O'Brien, Baylor's Southwest Scoliosis Center, Dallas TX
          Bilateral laminectomies at L3 to L4, L4 to L5 and L5 to S1 on April 4, 2012
          Foramenotomies L3 through S1 in August 2014

Comment

Aaaaw, what a sweet kitty. We just put our old cat down two weeks ago so I'd take her in a heartbeat if I lived closer.
            Chris
            A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
            Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
            Post-op curve: 12 degrees
            Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

I'm with Stephanie, get him to cuddle her, just once.

I'm a sucker for kitties.
              Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
              Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
              T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
              Osteotomies and Laminectomies
              Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

You need to keep her-my husband knows the animals come first and I just let him live at my house LSH

Comment

Mary Lou-
                  If you think you have a house full then you should see my in-law's house. Three dogs, two and half cats (one cat has joint custody, don't ask), a fresh water tank, a salt water tank, a frog, a turtle, three cockatiels, two lizards, two hamsters, a beta fish, and a partridge in a pear tree... okay I made that last one up, but there might as well be one!

Evelyn-
                  Tell your husband that it could be worse. Tell him about my in-laws and that three cats is not such a bad thing!
                  Tiffany K
                  I'm not short, I'm fun size!

29 years old
                  4'11", never braced
                  Pre-surgery, 52° T6 to T12, 35° T12 to L4
                  T1-L2, Posterior 8/5/2010, gained 1"

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=03212f3e17

Comment

I just had a thought, did you try taking the cat to a vet's office or humane society/aspca to see if it has a microchip to identify who it belongs to... I know one of my cats has it.
                    Tiffany K
                    I'm not short, I'm fun size!

29 years old
                    4'11", never braced
                    Pre-surgery, 52° T6 to T12, 35° T12 to L4
                    T1-L2, Posterior 8/5/2010, gained 1"

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=03212f3e17

Comment

Originally posted by TiffanyK View Post
                      Mary Lou-
                      If you think you have a house full then you should see my in-law's house. Three dogs, two and half cats (one cat has joint custody, don't ask), a fresh water tank, a salt water tank, a frog, a turtle, three cockatiels, two lizards, two hamsters, a beta fish, and a partridge in a pear tree... okay I made that last one up, but there might as well be one! :eek
                      Wow and I thought my house was bad! Okay, you win, their house is worse than mine.

Mary Lou
                      Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Hi Evelyn- wish I could take the cat since we live near each other, but I have a Shih-Tzu and I 'm not really a cat person. I'll see if any of my friends want it.
                        Age 56
                        Wore a Milwaukee Brace for 3 years in hs
                        Fused L4-S1 for high grade spondylolisthesis Jan '09 in Indy
                        Thoracic 68
                        Surgery Aug 31, 2010 T3 to L1
                        Dr Bridwell St Louis
                        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...1&d=1289881696

Comment

Working...
                        X