6 week post-op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 week post-op

Just returned from my 6 week post-op with Dr. Vora. He's very pleased with my level of activity and that I would like to start weaning off the percocet. I was going to try doing it cold turkey, but I searched for some posts first.... apparently not a good idea. I just know that my body is telling me its ready to wean as I keep missing my medicine times by at least an hour. Plus, I'd really like to get back to work... I know the longer I'm out the more work I'll have when I get back.

Also, I started my physical therapy this week. I'm in the pool for a half hour twice a week. My first day kicked my butt. I thought I was doing well until I climbed the steps to get out of the pool. Felt like a tons of bricks hit me. I slept well that night.

Well, that's about it for tonight!
    Tiffany K
    I'm not short, I'm fun size!

29 years old
    4'11", never braced
    Pre-surgery, 52° T6 to T12, 35° T12 to L4
    T1-L2, Posterior 8/5/2010, gained 1"

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=03212f3e17

Congratulations, Tiffany. Sounds like you are doing great. Do you walk in the water or do other exercises in the pool? I have to wait 12 weeks before my follow-up. I guess at that point I can ask about exercises other than walking .
    Kathy
    46 yrs at surgery, now 50
    71 degree thoracolumbar curve corrected to 34 degrees
    8/2/2010 surgery with Dr. Lenke

posterior T9 to sacrum with pelvic fixation

4 osteotomies and 1 cage
    http://s1066.photobucket.com/albums/...athK_08022010/

Comment

My DR said to get in the pool 2 weeks post op and started PT 6 weeks post op.
      I loved the pool even at 2 weeks. I would sit on a noodle and use my arms and legs to get across the pool. I also lifted water weights. I miss those time when my exercise was weightless! Much more work now.
      Janet
      36 year young cardiac RN
      old curve C 29, T 70, L 50
      new curve C 7, T 23, L 20
      Surgery June 11, UCH, Dr. Cronen T2-L5, posterior
      Revision December 20 L5-S1 with pelvic fixation
      and Osteotomy to L3 at Tampa General Hospital

Comment

Working...
      X