2 weeks post op (from last surgery)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 weeks post op (from last surgery)

I had my 2 week post op visit from my last surgery where he replaced my bone graft that was removed on 6-29 due to possibility of infection. My surgeon was very pleased with how everything has gone thus far.

I still have my picc line in place, but I'm done with my iv antibiotics. I have another appointment in a week and if everything remains the same, he is going to pull out my picc line!!! (I wish they had a jumping up and down icon I could insert here!)

I got my staples out too. The best part for me is that he said I could get a shower in 2 more days. (He is very particular in when he allows his patients to shower or wet the incision area and has been even more cautious due to the complication I had earlier.)

I have been able to walk and move around much quicker than the first two surgeries and I'm not even using my walker now. He said I was the "poster child" for how well I've done with movement/ range of motion/ flexibility.

Throughout this whole ordeal, I can't say enough about my surgeon. He has been wonderful. He doesn't speak "over your head" and has a wonderful bedside manner. I think my husband actually enjoys going with me for these visits since my doctor will joke around and involve my husband during the entire conversation. He recognizes that even though this was my surgery that it affects the whole family. My docotor even asks my husband how HE'S holding up. He even had the OR nurse take a picture of my rods and screws during my last surgery at my request. (It may sound gross, but I wanted to see what was actually in there.)

I hope that next week, I can post that my picc line is out and I'm on the "normal" road to recovery! Thank you all for sharing this journey with me.

Great news Jenny and Best wishes for a continued smooth recovery.
    Vali
    44 years young! now 45
    Surgery - June 1st, 2009
    Dr David Hall - Adelaide Spine Clinic
    St. Andrews Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
    Pre-op curve - 58 degree lumbar
    Post -op - 5 degrees
    T11 - S1 Posterior
    L4/5 - L5/S1 Anterior Fusion

Comment

Congratulations Jenny! Wonderful news.
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

So good to hear this. You have needed something to go well for you. You've had a tough time. I can't imagine having gone through three surgeries.
        Glenda
        Age 66 Georgia (63 at time of surgery)
        Bi-lateral laminectomy 2006
        Kyphoscoliosis, approx 38* lumbar scoliosis, stenosis, disk herniations, lower back and hip pain, w/radiating pain, stinging and numbness in legs.
        A/P fusion (T10-S2) 5/17/10 and 5/20/10
        Dr Yoon, Emory Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital, Atlanta, GA
        Pleased with outcome

Comment

Working...
        X