Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida Patients: Where did you go for surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Patients: Where did you go for surgery?

I'm not in a state that has a big scoli center and I see no way out of traveling far out of state for the best surgeons, despite the logistical problems.

But I'd like to know what others in Florida have done, particularly those over 40 years old and with long fusions.
    Stephanie, age 56
    Diagnosed age 8
    Milwaukee brace 9 years, no further treatment, symptom free and clueless until my 40s that curves could progress.
    Thoracolumbar curve 39 degrees at age 17
    Now somewhere around 58 degrees thoracic, 70 degrees thoracolumbar
    Surgeon Dr. Michael S. O'Brien, Baylor's Southwest Scoliosis Center, Dallas TX
    Bilateral laminectomies at L3 to L4, L4 to L5 and L5 to S1 on April 4, 2012
    Foramenotomies L3 through S1 in August 2014

Hi! I am 36 and had a long fusion 6/11/10. I saw Dr Cronen in Tampa at Florida Medial Clinic. He was fantastic! He was trained by the BIG guys in ST. Louis (Bridwell,Lenke,ect.) I saw your other post. I wore a brace for awhile too and hoped for no progression but that didn't happen. A second opinion is always good. Never heard of a fusion starting at T-1. Good luck!
    Janet
    Last edited by jsully; 08-30-2010, 03:55 PM.
    36 year young cardiac RN
    old curve C 29, T 70, L 50
    new curve C 7, T 23, L 20
    Surgery June 11, UCH, Dr. Cronen T2-L5, posterior
    Revision December 20 L5-S1 with pelvic fixation
    and Osteotomy to L3 at Tampa General Hospital

Comment

I live in Tallahassee and went to Dr Yoon at Emory Spine Center in Atlanta. I am three-months post op and have done very well. I am fused T-10 to S2 and am very happy with my results so far.
      Glenda
      Age 66 Georgia (63 at time of surgery)
      Bi-lateral laminectomy 2006
      Kyphoscoliosis, approx 38* lumbar scoliosis, stenosis, disk herniations, lower back and hip pain, w/radiating pain, stinging and numbness in legs.
      A/P fusion (T10-S2) 5/17/10 and 5/20/10
      Dr Yoon, Emory Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital, Atlanta, GA
      Pleased with outcome

Comment

Working...
      X