Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facet injection and i & r - surgery in oct.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facet injection and i & r - surgery in oct.

they want to give me a facet injection left side (that is where my pain is) L3/L4/L5 - my degree is 70 and am scheduled sometime the end of October eary November - I originally had it scheduled for 6/29 but slipped up and had a cigarette and that did it - surgery was post-poned so now I anm here again. Was just wondering why a facet injection and a I & R?

i have had many kinds of injections at my pain management
    doctor's office...i had facet block...it didnt do very much for me...

i dont know what an i and r is...???

hope you feel better til your surgery...

jess

Comment

Hi...

I also don't have a clue about I&R. I also don't have a clue about smoking and injections. While smoking is an issue with fusion surgery, I've never heard of it being an issue with injections.

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Linda, i think she had to change her surgery date because she was smoking...so now it will be Oct/Nov....

jess

Comment

Susan I had facet injections for pain and they did not help me either. I & R no havent heard of that either. Good luck with trying to stop smoking before your operation I can imagine that will be really hard, but with a 70 degree curve worth it, believe me.

Lorraine.,
          Operated on in 1966, harrington rods inserted from T4 to L3, here in Australia. Fusion of the said vertebrae as well. Problems for the last 14 years with pain.
          Something I feel deeply,"Life is like money,you can spend it anyway you wish, but can only spend it once.

Comment

Working...
          X