PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Chiropractor/Spinecor

LindseyDavis
08-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Hi, I was wondering about all the possiblilites out there to deal w/ scoliosis

do any of ya'll use a chiropractor? I would LOVE a resource that went through it and knows if the price is worth the recovery (if any.)

How does the spinecor brace work? Better than a plastic brace? Can you dress in jeans and bend down w/ more comphort? Just really curious about what other people are/used to do.

any replies are great!, Thanks a ton

bracegirl
08-15-2010, 03:25 PM
So I never went to a chiropractor but I was trained in the Schroth method of Physical Therapy. Its benefits of curve reduction are as yet unknown and unverified but as a patient who did the exercises and wore the Cheneau brace, I have seen the benefits. It helps with posture and daily activities by training you to keep your back in a position that most benefits your specific curves. When you're out of brace, you learn how to hold yourself so you don't immediately lose all the benefits and structure of the brace. The only problem with Schroth is that it is hard to access training. I was fortunate enough to be with a group of therapists being trained by Dr. Manuel Rigo, an expert from Spain. As such, I am one of the first fully trained patients in the US. I am also lucky that my PT who I worked with during this training is my neighbor and owns a clinic here. If you can find a clinic that does Schroth near you thats great. otherwise our clinic does a week long immerision program here in Milwaukee.

Lorraine 1966
08-16-2010, 03:13 AM
There are a number of threads on here dealing with the spinecor brace and Schroth, also chiropractors, just put either name in the search up above and you will find all the information.

Lorraine.