Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood problem

Hi everyone
    My mom made a appt on the 9 with my Dr at UVMC. to see if i'm anemic from my scoliosis surgery. I'm just scared to tell my spine surgeon
    what should i do tell him or not
    Kara
    Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
    Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
    T4-L2
    Before 50T
    After 20T

Why are you scared to tell your spine surgeon? Lots of people are a bit anaemic after surgery. And, why do you feel you should tell him? It's not like he can do anything, it would be your GP who would prescribe you iron tablets or whatever you need. You can tell your surgeon if you like but it's not something that will particularly bother him

Comment

the day i was relased from the hospital i saw my spine surgeon he told me that i'm now anemic
      Kara
      Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
      T4-L2
      Before 50T
      After 20T

Comment

Sorry Kara, I'm a bit lost I'm afraid! I don't quite understand what you mean, could you explain again please?

Comment

my spine surgeon he told me that i'm now anemic
          Kara
          Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
          T4-L2
          Before 50T
          After 20T

Comment

That doesn't mean that you will ALWAYS be anemic. It is probably just from the surgery. And if he is the one who told you that, why would you need to repeat it back to him? Also, depending on WHEN he told you that, you may NOT be anemic anymore. You would need a CBC from your general practitioner's office to determine that. Being a little anemic from surgery isn't considered a blood problem as far as I know. It's quite normal and your body usually does a fantastic job "fixing" the problem on its own.
            Be happy!
            We don't know what tomorrow brings,
            but we are alive today!

Comment

I'm really sorry, I'm still confused.

You said that your spine surgeon told you that you were anaemic when you left hospital (which looks like it was back in March). What have you been doing to help treat your anaemia?

If you haven't been taking iron pills or eating iron-rich foods then you could still be anaemic. It's not something you need to tell your spine surgeon about though, just your GP.

Try not to worry so much

Comment

sometimes i'm just to basy to even take my iorn pills becasuse of so many classes. I really do not eat really much food with iorn
                Kara
                Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
                T4-L2
                Before 50T
                After 20T

Comment

Well, you need to take responsibility for your own health I'm afraid. Why not turn over a new leaf tomorrow? You'll soon get better if you take your pills properly. It might be a good idea to start eating some iron-rich food too, don't you think?

Comment

Amemia

One of my twin daughters needed tranfusions after her surgeries and was very anemic when she left the hospital. Because she had an infection she was advised to change her dieting habits. That really didn't work and despite that she was fine. Here is the advice we heard.
                    Dark green leafed vegetables!
                    Kashi food products especially their cereal
                    smoothies with peanut butter - at home or out
                    Slow Fe the iron pill for pregnancy - though they are very very difficult to open
                    nuts -any kind
                    broiled meat any kind
                    seafood
                    avacados
                    take your iron pill with orange juice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Set your cell phone alarm to ring to remind you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Read Diet for a Small Planet or More with Less both are proponents of non animal protein food.
                    Hopes this helps.Mary

Comment

Working...
                    X