rant (mini)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rant (mini)

All I want is to get my back x-rayed to see if it is inflamed or if some hardware is misbehaving. Dr. Rand told me I should go ahead and get x-rays for the problem that I am having. I call my gp today and his office person tells me my doc is on vacation so i ask if his partner can just write up an xray script for me. A long song and dance and she says no he's too busy why not get it from the doc that wants the x-rays. I explain that Dr. Rand is in Boston and I am in PHiladelphia but she still won't budge. This woman doesn't like me for some reason. She's not too thrilled with my husband either and everyone loves my husband. Anyway, I call Dr. Rand's office and to be fair the lady in question (not Priscilla) has no problem with it other than not asking Dr. Rand what he wants x-rayed but just goes along with what I tell her. She's just the coldest woman on the face of the earth and I find every time I have to speak to her, I lose the ability to articulate a simple sentence and I start to stutter and mumble. She's a mean one is all I will say and I believe that she dislikes everyone. I have worked as a receptionist and I am not the friendliest person, but holy mackerel I have never encountered such cold, mean women in my life. Even when they say hello it sounds cold and mean!
    I just needed to rant a bit.
    thank you
    avis
    Last edited by theizzard; 08-04-2010, 10:53 AM.
    1987 Lumbar Laminectomy (forget which levels)
    2005 A/P fusion, L2 - L5, 2/2005
    2009 2 Posterior fusions, T6 - Pelvis, 2/10 & 2/18,
    Dr. Frank Rand, NEBH

i suspect office staff like that mean, cold woman feel powerful when they hold the access to doctors and to patients obtaining medical services but that's just my opinion...
    can you change G.P.? it is stressful to know in advance that you will be talking to a person like that, and be at their mercy, in a way...

hope your mini rant helped you feel less stressed...it ws not even a rant...just a little complaint
    jess
    Last edited by jrnyc; 08-04-2010, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Were you able to get your x-ray? You know they do have office managers that oversee things like this. I would go over her head and file a complaint!
      Be happy!
      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
      but we are alive today!

Comment

What is it about some people on the end of the phone who can turn a grown woman into a dithering, stuttering mess? It's happened to me as well.

There's no excuse for that kind of behaviour. You'll probably have to join a queue to complain. I hope it didn't ruin your day Avis.
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Hi Avis,
          I certainly know what you mean. I called with a question before we moved to NC and I don't think she ever let Dr. Rand know because I have not heard back from him. We really need to let him know how his office staff is treating his patients.
          Sally
          Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
          Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
          Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
          Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
          New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
          Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Hi Avis-
            Booo Those kind of people should not be in the care giving profession in ANY capacity, even if she might be a whiz in the office. I'm sure you dread each and every call to that office too!

We had one of those at our PCP's office who used to be a real sweetheart but when she assumed a different role she would NOT budge on 'new office policies' and I had to laugh when you said she doesn't like you or your husband...this gal didn't like my husband either - don't think she liked many people.

How many on here are patients of Dr. Rand? Perhaps you could make a joint complaint about the woman... he might have no idea what is happening. I think he would want to know.
            Julie - 51 yrs old

Dx'd 1973 - 43* thoracic curve / rotation
            Wore Milwaukee brace 1973 - 1979
            Pre-surgery: 63* thoracic / 52* lumbar curves

Surgeries: P - March 16, 2009 - Fused T3-S2 with pelvic fixation
            A -April 14, 2009 - Fused L5-S1
            Achieved +70% Correction
            Dr. Khaled Kebaish, (and team) Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore

Standing x-ray
            New Spine 03/19/2009
            New Spine Lateral 03/19/2009

Comment

I am getting my xrays this morning. sally, i email dr. rand directly with any questions i have. i don't abuse the email privilege and he always answers me himself. I don't say anything about his staff in the emails because I don't know if they read his emails. if you want his email address I can give it to you. hope you are having a grand time in nc.
              will report on the results of my xrays after I hear back from dr. rand.
              avis
              Dr. Frank Rand, NEBH

Comment

Hi Avis,
                I asked Dr. Rand for his email address and he gave it to me. At that time, I mentioned to him that my questions to his staff don't always get answered. He answers almost immediately. That is how I ended up having my minor surgery scheduled so fast before we moved. If I have a question that needs to be addressed quickly, I email him, otherwise I go the telephone route which is not very satisfactory. Sometimes problems resolve themselves, so I just let it go. Anyway, thanks for the offer. I hope your problem and pain can be easily resolved.
                Sally
                Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

I was thinking that perhaps he likes the staff the way they are because they keep the hordes away from him. If his staff let us all through he wouldn't get any surgery done. Well maybe that's the thinking. Anyway I had my xrays and will probably get the cd to send to him on Monday. I like that he answers the emails in a very timely fashion. He has very good email etiquette.
                  avis
                  Dr. Frank Rand, NEBH

Comment

I sent the cd of my x-rays to Dr. Rand last week and have not heard a peep. I hate to be a nag but I am thinking I should email him on Friday if I have not heard from them. The back has not gotten any better at all and there are times that it's unbearable. I am taking the 800 mg motrin tabs to keep any inflammation at bay but so far it makes no difference.
                    i will let you all know when I do hear from the doc and/or his office.
                    avis
                    Dr. Frank Rand, NEBH

Comment

Working...
                    X