Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back sensitivity

Hi friends!
    I am doing well after my revision in March but still get weird aches, pains and also have this back sensitivity that I am wondering if anyone else has? It is mostly centered around my incision. I can be laying in bed at night, and sometimes the corner of my husband's pillow will touch my back and it feels like someone has just punched me in the back! I mean enough for me to yell out. Or sometimes I think the sheet touching me does it because hubby thinks I'm CRAZY. I can only describe it as it feels like a football thrown into my back! I'm guessing it is nerve regeneration and eventually will die down........

On another positive note!...I just returned from a trip with my husband. We drove 2000 miles, stopped by the Grand Canyon where I walked for 2 miles along the rim, and then went to Las Vegas where I know I walked numerous miles! And I survived...I would have never imagined doing this 5 months ago before my surgery. I couldn't have. God Bless Dr. Terry Trammel...He really did save my life ;-))
    May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Congratulations to you on that drive and touring. You are doing awesome. I definitely relate to your back sensitivity and I react the same way. I make my husband jump because I jump so if he touches my back accidentally. My physical therapist suggested sensitivity therapy on my back and it does help. It is really simple to do at home with your husband's help. You take 2 or 3 things, like a cotton ball, a washcloth, and some other texture; you then brush it over the sensitive parts of your back, ever so lightly, and as you do it your back will actually adjust to it. Give it a try, it's kind of cool. You have to do it for weeks. Mine is still very sensitive, but the therapy helps for a time. I still also have alot of very numb feeling in the actual fused areas.
    I also have a lot of soreness. Do you still have soreness? I cannot even imagine doing a 2,000 mile trip. An hour and a half in the car is hard for me.
    Shari - 55 years old
    Pre-Surgery 62 degree thorasic curve with shifting.
    Post op 13 degree curve.
    Successful surgery 4/15/10, T3-L2 fused.
    2nd surgery to reopen incision 10" to diagnose infection, 5/18/10
    Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI - the late Dr. Harry Herkowitz
    www.scoliosisthejourney.com

Comment

Working...
    X