Pt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pt

Started PT today. I found out my R side is weak. Weaker than my L, which is odd because I am dominant R. They are going to work on my strength, endurance and gait. Hopefully, I will get back to work in 5 1/2 weeks. (fingers crossed) Oh, and I did 10 min on the elliptical which felt sooooooo good!

Janet
    36 year young cardiac RN
    old curve C 29, T 70, L 50
    new curve C 7, T 23, L 20
    Surgery June 11, UCH, Dr. Cronen T2-L5, posterior
    Revision December 20 L5-S1 with pelvic fixation
    and Osteotomy to L3 at Tampa General Hospital

Hi Janet-

I started PT about 3 weeks ago. It really helps and makes a difference. Today my neck is actually standing straight up and looks great. I know it will drop soon but seems like now every week it is getting higher and higher.

When you say your right side is weak, do you mean your back or your entire body? Just wondering. My PT has only been working on my neck so I haven't done much in PT yet.

Hope all goes well. I am still trying to get used to the feeling of the rods in my back now that I cut out alot of my meds. Do you feel them?

JenM
    Surgery date: June 8, 2010 with Dr. Boachie
    Thoracic curve: 55 degrees, corrected to 25 degrees
    Lumbar curve: 58 degrees, corrected to 27 degrees
    Posterior-only surgery, Levels T3-L3
    31 year old mother of 2 young kids

Comment

Yes Jen, I can feel the rods. My whole R side is weaker as observed by strength testing. Glad your neck is doing better. Of course, today as I went to PT I was walking straighter than ever and had 0 pain. Now after doing that, shopping and doing things around the house I am all hunched over and am sore. Guess I just have to stengthen my back muscles. Going camping and tubing down the river this weekend. I hope I survive without too much pain.
      Take Care,
      Janet
      36 year young cardiac RN

Comment

Has anyone heard from Teresa?

Girls,
        I'm glad you're both doing so well. Jen-It sounds like your neck is getting better. Thank goodness.
        I may be wrong, but I was thinking we had the 4 J's and Teresa with surgeries in June. I don't remember seeing anything posted from Teresa following surgery. I'd like to hear how she is doing if anyone knows.
        Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
        Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
        70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
        Rib Hump-GONE!
        Age-60 at the time of surgery
        Now 66
        Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
        Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
        Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
        Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
        tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
        http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Wow, Janet, I can't believe you are well enough to go tubing down a river at 7 weeks post-op! I am so jealous, I can barely sit as a passenger in a car because I hate to feel my rods and screws when the car goes over a bump! You must be very brave! Seems like you did awesome with your surgery. Let us know how the tubing went.

Jen
          Surgery date: June 8, 2010 with Dr. Boachie
          Thoracic curve: 55 degrees, corrected to 25 degrees
          Lumbar curve: 58 degrees, corrected to 27 degrees
          Posterior-only surgery, Levels T3-L3
          31 year old mother of 2 young kids

Comment

The tubing part was GREAT! The extra packing and unpacking, also walking far to and from the river, NOT so great. I just pushed along. Just wished I walked normal. I got asked if I needed assistance one time by a park employee. I go camping again in 5 weeks right before my return to work. Can't wait but hope to feel MUCH better by then.
            Janet
            36 year young cardiac RN

Comment

Working...
            X