Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-surgery stomach bloating/distension??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-surgery stomach bloating/distension??

I posted the other day-50 y/o going to make an appt. with someone in Houston. Over the last few years, I have noticed,let me see if i get this right, lordosis and kyphosis, along with my lateral scoliosis.

I have AWFUL stomach bloating that pushes into my lungs and makes me short of breath. I can "picture" that with the slumping forward somewhat, and the lordosis pushing my abdomen out and forward, that my chest might be sitting on my upper abdomen when sitting. Does that make sense?

Did anyone have this awful stomach issues before surgery that cleared up after? I can imagine that it physically prevents the gi contents from moving along in a normal fashion.

My gi docs over the last few years have been no help,so I have been rethinking maybe it is a mechanical problem due to the poor posture.

hey sue,

i have the same thing, bloating and breathing issues, and i have kyphosis/lordosis. had all the GI tests, only thing shows is slow gastric emptying. i've heard of a few others that had the same thing and they said surgery seemed to get rid/help it, but i don't wanna give you a definite answer as we're all different. feel free to pm me abt it, i know how big a thing it is. take care!
    Age 25 male
    Upstate NY
    T3-L3 fusion for 80's degrees kyphosis
    Anterior 9/21/10 & posterior 9/28/10
    Post op degrees soon to come

Comment

Working...
    X