Any other forums that offer support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other forums that offer support?

Would anyone know of any other similar forums where people are more involved or more active that will offer people like me more support and encouragement with dealing with pain? I know my curvature is only small and I should not be complaining of any pain but I have severe pain...and I am looking for people with a similar situation like me to help me better understand/deal with things... I find it gets overwhelming trying to deal with it from time to time and it's throwing me into a depression...and to those that HAVE been helpful already, it's greatly appreciated...

Thanks...
    40 yrs old
    Cervical Lordosis replaced by higher than normal Kyphosis
    Right Thoracic Curve from T8 to L1 measures at 25.1 (25MAY10)
    Counter scoliosis convex to left in mid lumbar region
    Extremely large Lumbar Lordosis

YES!

http://www.scoliosis-support.org/index.php

Excellent site.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Thanks, Sharon

Lots of people are members of several groups and forums. It's good to have a variety of resources to draw on, I think SSO is a lot smaller than NSF and is based in the UK so a lot of people are from there, though we have members from all over the world. I do regularly point people over to here too, especially if they're from the US and need specific help and info which we might not be able to provide.

Sadly pain is a worldwide problem and we have plenty of people who are dealing with subsurgical, painful curves You'd be very welcome to join us Tina.

Comment

I'd love to find one that deals more with kids wearing braces - from a parent's perspective.
        Mom to 11 year old DD who was:
        diagnosed 5/09: 8*L, 8*T
        braced 7/10: 17* L, 25*T, 20*C
        x-ray 11/10: 7*L, 17*T, 20*C (x-ray immediately OOB)
        most recent x-ray 06/11: 17*L, 24*T, 22* C (x-ray 24 hours OOB)

Comment

Spinekids has a private Parents forum, if that helps? And there are quite a few parents of younger (pre-AIS) children who wear braces on SSO, though if you're looking for parents of braced adolescents then here is possibly the best place.

Comment

Thank you so much Sharon I greatly appreciate the link...I would be happy to check it out I'm in Canada but unfortunately, in the area I live in, I've only been able to find a couple of people that have Scoliosis and both of them have had several surgeries and were diagnosed in their adolescent years...I am 40 (soon to be 41 next week) and just found out about it a couple of months ago Fortunately we have most things covered here in Canada with our MSI coverage but it takes months to get any testing done...am STILL waiting on an appointment for my CT scan

See you on the other forum
            40 yrs old
            Cervical Lordosis replaced by higher than normal Kyphosis
            Right Thoracic Curve from T8 to L1 measures at 25.1 (25MAY10)
            Counter scoliosis convex to left in mid lumbar region
            Extremely large Lumbar Lordosis

Comment

Working...
            X