Multidisciplinary Care for Adult Scoliosis Patients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multidisciplinary Care for Adult Scoliosis Patients

The UCSF Orthopaedic Spine group and the Scoliosis Association of San Francisco are hosting a forum for adult scoliosis patients on Saturday, August 7, at UCSF in San Francisco, CA. The conference will run from approximately 8AM-1PM.

UCSF faculty and staff, as well as experts from elsewhere, will discuss both surgical and non-surgical therapies for dealing with adult scoliosis. Presenters include UCSF M.D.s Serena Hu, Sigurd Berven, Vedat Deviren, Bobby K-B Tay, Shane Burch, Sibel Demir-Deviren, and Peter Koo, as well as Elise Browning Miller, Amy Selinger DPT, Suzanne Martin DPT, Nancy Byl DPT, and Jo-An Aguirre RN.

Topics include Spine Anatomy, What's Causing My Pain?, Physical Therapy, Yoga, Pilates, Spinal Injections, Pharmaceutical Pain Management, Adult Scoliosis Surgery - What's Involved?, Adult Scoliosis Surgery - What's the Process?, Making an Informed Decision, Spine Surgery Outcomes, and Post Op Physical Therapy.

This forum is free to the public, but space is limited.

For more information or to register please call:
    (415) 476-8362 or email racinel@ orthosurg.ucsf.edu (remove the space)

No on-site registration. You must pre-register to attend.
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Just bringing this back to the top.
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hmmm ... I'm noticing that the Best Practice Method has been left out ... will be there when it is included - waiting ..... :-)

Comment

thanks for posting the info, Linda...wish i could make it...expect to be out in CA, but not at the time this will be happening...

jess

Comment

Linda how absolutely wonderful, if only I could be there. If there a tiny, tiny possibility that you could be there and maybe put some important details on here. I know that is such a lot to ask, too much almost, but just wondering.
          Maybe it will be put on the net anyway??

Lorraine.
          Operated on in 1966, harrington rods inserted from T4 to L3, here in Australia. Fusion of the said vertebrae as well. Problems for the last 14 years with pain.
          Something I feel deeply,"Life is like money,you can spend it anyway you wish, but can only spend it once.

Comment

I would absolutely LOVE to go to an event like that. Too bad I can't just hop on a plane and get there. I don't even have any family that lives out there anymore that I could stay with. You'll have to update us on how it went.
            Be happy!
            We don't know what tomorrow brings,
            but we are alive today!

Comment

I had wanted to video record the conference, but we just don't have the funds to do it. I hope that this becomes an annual event, and with more time to get it done, I can probably get someone to sponsor the event.

I've asked the speakers to submit PowerPoints of their talks. I'm sure that no everyone will comply, but I'll post what I can.

--Linda

Comment

Thanks! I know I will be interested in seeing and hearing what I can.
                Be happy!
                We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                but we are alive today!

Comment

I knew you would be in there doing all you could, thank you Linda.
                  Lorraine.
                  Operated on in 1966, harrington rods inserted from T4 to L3, here in Australia. Fusion of the said vertebrae as well. Problems for the last 14 years with pain.
                  Something I feel deeply,"Life is like money,you can spend it anyway you wish, but can only spend it once.

Comment

Working...
                  X